Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

21 hours ago, filmlover said:

He's...fine. I don't really see much future big star potential for him or any of the non-Zendaya actors beyond nabbing some notable projects while the show is on. His obviously fake piano playing in Deep Water was golden though.

What was Chris Evans in anything ever pre-Marvel?

10 hours ago, snarkmachine said:

He also doesn't exude ~goodness like Superman should. There's something very dead-eyed and Patrick Bateman about him, even in his interviews.

I think Nick Hoult would probably be a good Superman. He has kind eyes lol

Not everybody is Josh Hartnett with the "I can't hurt a fly" sensitive look. Elordi could def pull it off.

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

What was Chris Evans in anything ever pre-Marvel?

Not everybody is Josh Hartnett with the "I can't hurt a fly" sensitive look. Elordi could def pull it off.

You talk about Josh Hartnett more than I bet his mom does. It’s very odd

• Like 1

Warners PR statment on Miller is going to be interesitng to read. They can't do the usual supportive and hope he gets help release since Miller is facing felony charges, for a violent crime in Hawaii. No way do they want to be seen excusing or justifying an felony assault charge. Probably just expesee regret, and say they will let justice take it course.

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I did laugh at the suggestion by someone in The Flash thread that WB should put DC films on ice for years. Not going to happen. 

I think recasting the FLash is going to happen, though with Miller facing serious Prison time for this. Up to five years.....

Can't say I would be surprised. WB has been cleaning house in recent weeks with numerous people from the previous regime exiting and he's now done with Disney (whether he retired on his own terms or was forced out by them is up for debate). Would be a good way to make it up to him after the studio pushed him out a decade or so ago.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Eric Crawley said:

:ohmyzod:

Shades of Zanuck returning to 20th Century Fox in 1962 after being force out in 1957. Thought Horn is not facing a crisis nearly as bad as Zanuck had to deal with;Fox was on the verge of bankruptcy because "Cleopatra" had exhausted Fox's money and was not even done filming yet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric Crawley said:

Looks good on paper. But the devil, as always, is in the details.

The real problem is finding people  who are creative artistically but who has the business savvy to run a studio.

People who are really good at both are not that common and can demand top dollar. The Spielbergs and Fieges  to give examples of people who excelled at both...are hard to find.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I feel like this happening is about as likely as that rumor about Emma Watts in talks for heading DC or something one of the big trade reported a few weeks ago. 

I don't know; the return of Zanuck to Fox in the 60's is a precedent.

Sure, it's all possible, and likely that Zaslav might want Horn's sage advice for a while to re-center Warner's slate of productions, but Horn is 79, so I'm sure he'll only reject a beautiful retirement if he truly feels he has something to offer.  There's no question he would be offered big money...that is a given!  

In the article, they mention it's not supposed to be an executive job. If Horn does say yes for whatever reason, it'll probably just be a short-term training wheels thing where he helps give out advice on what are some good film projects, who should run each silo, and so on. Still helpful and beneficial of course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric Crawley said:

In the article, they mention it's not supposed to be an executive job. If Horn does say yes for whatever reason, it'll probably just be a short-term training wheels thing where he helps give out advice on what are some good film projects, who should run each silo, and so on. Still helpful and beneficial of course.

Horn will likely advise Warner Bros. features to circle back to Josh Hartnett for the boy-in-blue. 

I just wanted to say it before excel would. 😁 

• Like 1