Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

2 minutes ago, Flopped said:

He might be the lamest movie star of all time. 

There's a grand tradition of actors who can't act - Arnold, Keanu, etc - but they all had something to offer. A sense of humor, a touch of humanity. 

Dwanye is the human equivalent of a theme park ride. He sucks. I always knew this in the back of my mind but it wasn't 100% confirmed until I watched him with Emily Blunt in Jungle Cruise. She might as well have been acting opposite a piece of cardboard. I've never seen SUCH lack of chemistry. The movie rips off The Mummy 99 except when it comes to the actors looking like they have some kind of desire for each other. He is Marvel in humor form. Completely soulless. 

Cool, but I really don’t care what people think of Rock as an actor cause that’s not what I’m talking about. He works super hard, he seems like a decent person so I don’t get the hate for him for promoting his movie, that’s all I’m talking about.

No one is forcing anyone to see this movie and I definitely don’t think anyone is expecting some masterpiece from this either. I’m hoping for 2 hours of fun and action from some characters I’ve never seen on the big screen before. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Oh, and the rock is defintely more charismatic on his own than truly black hole of charisma keanu reeves

Keanu and Sandra had genuine chemistry in Speed. Hell, he even had chemistry with Diane Keaton. And he is probably gay (or bi) in real life. But he sells it. 

However I agree Keanu can't act. 

I mean, really, in the Year 2022 we're STILL doing the "Keanu Reeves can't act" nonsense?  Didn't nearly every movie he make in the 2010s put that lie to rest?

(not that I wasn't fighting that lie in the '00s, but I really thought we had moved past this talking point)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, cax16 said:

Definitely not expecting black adam to be huge but I really hope I’m wrong but I have a hard time seeing some of the super low numbers I’ve seen from people on here. 

I agree - "spooky super" in October with a star is just not gonna go really low, unless it's a REALLY terrible movie...

Oops - now saw Eric's post, so consider this from before and don't reply!:)

Edited by TwoMisfits

I find this hysterical. Zaslav on the call said he wants to bring WB back to the cinema age of quality movies so the films he chose to be quality for the theater

Don't Worry Darling is a PR nightmare and is hated by critics and now comic insiders on Twitter are reporting Black Adam is a D movie. This is also on top of the PR nightmare that is going to be The Flash.

On the call David said both these movies would represent the quality of the new WBD. He cannot be fired quick enough.

Maybe if all his movies that he predicted would be massive successes fail he will be fired.

Edited by Cappoedameron

Just go "fuck it", pull a FoX-Men and start throwing shit at the wall. Sure, that approach gave us X3, Origins and Apocalypse but it also brought us Days of Future Past, the Deadpool movies and Logan. Besides, Discovery will probably sell off Warner in around half a decade from now anyway much like AT&T. Either way, I think Hamada is going to be here just a little longer.

14 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

I find this hysterical. Zaslav on the call said he wants to bring WB back to the cinema age of quality movies so the films he chose to be quality for the theater

Don't Worry Darling is a PR nightmare and is hated by critics and now comic insiders on Twitter are reporting Black Adam is a D movie. This is also on top of the PR nightmare that is going to be The Flash.

On the call David said both these movies would represent the quality of the new WBD. He cannot be fired quick enough.

Maybe if all his movies that he predicted would be massive successes fail he will be fired.

Zaslav did not greenlight a single film you mentioned here lol.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 6

34 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

It takes time to turn a studio around.  Someone can't come in and wave a magic wand and suddenly make films that have literally been in development for years and spin them into gold in just a few months.

Zaslav has made plenty of mistakes, and huge ones at that.  But let's shit on him for things that are his responsibility.

To put it another way, happy talk about a couple of movies that may or may not measure up to said happy talk is hardly the greatest of Zaslav's sins.  Or even a sin at all.

Edited by Porthos
Decided to refine my point and drop things that might not be accurate after checking timelines
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Can you please share those tweets?