Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

Perhaps Z. Snyder really did predict the future??  Notice how the actors have basically left/been kicked out/made persona non grata in the order presented here, from left to right??  Weird, huh? 😁😁   I expect formal announcements this week or by January on Gadot and Momoa...

Wonder Woman Batman GIF by HBO Max

Edited by Macleod

7 hours ago, excel1 said:

Who are "all the people" saying those things? She is absolutely being treated fairly, no differently than Snyder post BvS. Despite the complete all around disaster that was WW84, Patty Jenkins was given the opportunity to present her vision for WW3, no? I didn't dispute that it was a real dynamic. I am pointing out that there is ample reason to believe it doesn't apply here. She made an atrocious previous product. They're going to be more careful next time. If she presented more crap, she's out, just like Snyder

It wasn't a disaster, It was a movie that got sacrificed for HBOmax and still managed to gain 169.6M worldwide 
during the pandemic,
even 1M more than James Gunn's The Suicide Squad!
If you call WW84 a disaster then by your own standards James Gunn's movie is a disaster as well and even more so since 
it was in theaters almost one year later, when the pandemic really started to wear off worldwide.
So please... 

31 minutes ago, JWR said:

Frankly, I think they should have rebooted the DCEU after JL.

They couldn't as they had both Aquaman and Shazam! in production so couldn't exactly cancel them plus the solo films were very successful.

The focus on solo films has brought them more success then the team ups. 

2 hours ago, AJG said:

Bored. Let’s rank the DCEU

1. ZSJL ——— Top Tier
  2. WW
  3. PEACEMAKER
  4. BOP
  5. SHAZAM
  6. MOS ——— ‘Meh’ Tier
  7. TSS
  8. AQUAMAN
  9. JL 
  10. BVS ———- Junk Tier
  11. WW84
  12. BLACK ADAM
  13. SS

1. Batman v Superman

2. Zack Snyder's Justice League

3. Wonder Woman

4. Man Of Steel

5. The Suicide Squad

6. Wonder Woman 1984

7. Black Adam

8. Birds of Prey

9. Shazam

10. Aquaman

11. Justice League

12. Suicide Squad

• Like 2

1. Shazam

2. The Suicide Squad

3. WW

4. The first 220 minutes of ZSJL

5. WW84

6. BoP

7. Aquaman

8. Man of Steel

9. Batman v Superman

10. Josstice League

11. The last 20 minutes of ZSJL

12. Suicide Squad 2016

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

Love

1. Shazam

2. Wonder Woman 

3. The Suicide Squad 

4. Peacemaker 

5. Aquaman 

6. Birds of Prey

Mixed On

7. Justice League (Snyder cut)

8. Man of Steel 

Meh

9. Black Adam

10. Justice League (2017 cut)

Dislike

11. Suicide Squad

12. Wonder Woman 1984

Hate

13. Batman v Superman (Ultimate Edition)

14. Batman v Superman (Theatrical Cut)

Edited by JWR
  • Like 1

Glad to hear the TSS/Peacemaker stuff isn't true, anyways like someone else on here said,i think it would be best to keep a batman out of the connected universe for the near future, let reeves do his thing and gunn should focus on characters like superman, GL, WW, maybe green arrow, MM and build them up, you can always bring in a batman later on without needing any build up

12 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

Glad to hear the TSS/Peacemaker stuff isn't true, anyways like someone else on here said,i think it would be best to keep a batman out of the connected universe for the near future, let reeves do his thing and gunn should focus on characters like superman, GL, WW, maybe green arrow, MM and build them up, you can always bring in a batman later on without needing any build up

Batman is a pinnacle of the DC Universe. In any modern incarnation post Crisis he is one of the first - if not the first - to show up. I get what you are saying, but unlike Spider-Man that you can easily bring him later, that’s not the case with Batman. You can take some time to introduce Wonder Woman actually, but Superman and Batman need to be there from almost the start, even more so with the Squad and others surviving the inevitable Crisis. 

Reeves doesn’t need his own universe for Batman. It has been done before, it isn’t breaking any new ground whatsoever and it’s just to protect Reeves ego, it isn’t really in service of the actual story. Tim Burton has done it before. Christopher Nolan has done it before. Reeves Batman isn’t even really that much realistic, he and his Gotham has literally more in common with MCU’s Daredevil than either Burton’s or Nolan’s take on the character.

If Reeves can’t play ball, he should leave too. It doesn’t make any sense whatsoever that he wouldn’t play ball though. So I hope he stays and leave his ego aside for this.

Edited by ZattMurdock