Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

20 hours ago, eXtacy said:

These slate is not particularly exciting. Was hoping for some more new IP to explore. Two Batmans is just weird. Going forward I will just judge each one on their own merit but nothing screams as a must watch.

Well, Gunn made it clear it's just a part of the first chapter they are introducing (just like IRON MAN, THOR, and CA: TFA back in 2008-2012 for Marvel), and I think the slate so far is good. I'm very excited for SUPERMAN: LEGACY and The Lanterns.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

DCU Batman should be much more commercial and fantastical than what Reeves is doing. It'll have to stick out. 

I actually agree and my resentment toward Reeves' Batman was opined in the Batman thread. just once and only once for all, my current thoughts on the whole DCEU thing.

1. don't think the inevitable "Marvelizing" DCEU going to work. It will take too long and I don't see GA have the energy/appetite for another Superhero cinematic serials/soap. Adding the stream contents, it's going to be exhausting and therefore "why bother?" for non-fans. 

2. all signs now seem to gear the whole DCEU for specific brand of audience, this is the "bad" tendency since Snyder reign. Marvel empire didn't build on comic readers, geeks, or nerds or whatever fanbase, if WB want to go for this route, they should be careful with the budgets. But hey, Hollywood people like to throw money around, so it's not my concern, but as a DC fan, I really don't like any further mismanagement of DC characters. 

3. I was an avid support for BVS, due to the idea that two high profile, most recognizable IPs can effectively introduce lesser known characters...and we all know the result. in the end, the Supes is more powerful than the whole JL combined, the objective for JL is to revive Supes...this run against the task of high profile characters. Black Adam in a way repeat the same mistake, but since none of those characters matter to GA, no meaningful harm done.   

4. finally, PERSONALLY I don't like extended Cinematic/streaming universe. I like the unique treatment for each IP based on its natural and appeal to GA. when the first one hits, then and only then sequel will be considered. but ofc this is just a fan rambling.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Factcheck said:

Spider-Man 4 might get June 2025 release date.

That or Dec 2025 I hope. I can see Spidey and Avatar tag-teaming each other as the marquee blockbuster each alternate holiday season.

If SM4 comes out in 2025 and Superman Legacy and The Batman 2 stick with their current dates, it will be the first year to have all 3 of comics' biggest superheroes see their solo films come out.

27 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

That or Dec 2025 I hope. I can see Spidey and Avatar tag-teaming each other as the marquee blockbuster each alternate holiday season.

If SM4 comes out in 2025 and Superman Legacy and The Batman 2 stick with their current dates, it will be the first year to have all 3 of comics' biggest superheroes see their solo films come out.

2025 is going to be a massive year for superheroes in general! And we don't even know what Marvel will release on the untitled dates in July and November either....

55 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

But would Marvel Studios release four MCU movies in six months (Feb.-July)? Also, I think SM4 with Daredevil would take the hype away from Avengers 5 if it gets a June release date.

1 hour ago, Factcheck said:

But would Marvel Studios release four MCU movies in six months (Feb.-July)? Also, I think SM4 with Daredevil would take the hype away from Avengers 5 if it gets a June release date.

They already did it in July-Dec 2021 with Black Widow, Shang-Chi, Eternals and NWH (plus Sony squeezed in Let There Be Carnage as well).

I think Sony should get a bit more aggressive and stake out the Decembers that don't have Avatar as the traditional release date for future Spideys. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lion Roar said:

Why not move it up a week and release on the 4th? I'm still bitter we never had a Cap movie release on Independence Day, but Superman seems like a great fit too.

A actually patriotic Superman would do gangbusters in today’s market. Look at Top Gun 2 and how it brought out the heartland.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

3tusg9bw5gfa1.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&v

wow they better nip that in the bud. Having to subscribe to multiple services to get the whole story?

They've done a deal with Prime Video to supply them some DC Animation. The new Batman toon should be going over there. 

https://www.cinemablend.com/superheroes/james-gunn-updates-the-status-of-ben-affleck-henry-cavill-jason-momoa-gal-gadot-and-more-in-the-rebooting-dc-universe

“We're working with Ben Affleck, who really wants to be, has been a part of our architectural team trying to bring things together. And he really wants to direct one of our projects and we're excited for him doing that...We and Ben have not decided together exactly... We're talking about two different projects.”

20 minutes ago, cax16 said:

https://www.cinemablend.com/superheroes/james-gunn-updates-the-status-of-ben-affleck-henry-cavill-jason-momoa-gal-gadot-and-more-in-the-rebooting-dc-universe

“We're working with Ben Affleck, who really wants to be, has been a part of our architectural team trying to bring things together. And he really wants to direct one of our projects and we're excited for him doing that...We and Ben have not decided together exactly... We're talking about two different projects.”

How long before they start calling Affleck a traitor?

Edited by AJG
  • Haha 1