Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

If Aquaman 2 has bad reviews but no serious competition, it wouldn't be any different from the first movie...unless the audience has drastically changed 5 years later. I know people love to complain about Heard's involvement, but the movie's not called Mera, and online boycott threats don't mean squat.

I know there's rumors about "disastrous test screenings", which we really need to stop paying attention to, but Aquaman will probably be fine where it is. Regardless of DC drama, people liked the last movie fine enough and I'm sure there will be some fun money shots in the trailer that will get people excited. Plus there's really not much else to watch as a 4-quad actioner. This, Flash, and Guardians will likely be the only movies that won't have to deal with superhero fatigue this year.

Jan and Feb of 2024 are pretty barren right now, so Aquaman has two months of being the big guy and should make good money unless it has catastrophic WOM and if Migration (the new Illumination movie) eats into its BO.

Speaking of Dec 2023, Wonka should probably go beginning of the month (was previously gonna say Thanksgiving but that's too close to Wish and other November holdovers), while Color Purple should do a limited release and expand in January.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MightyDargon said:

I'm skeptical that Blue Beetle does figure into their larger plans. It doesn't really seem "big solo movie on Christmas" event level either.

You don't think the Blue Beetle movie may be involved with DCs announced plans for Booster Gold?

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

You don't think the Blue Beetle movie may be involved with DCs announced plans for Booster Gold?

Is Ted Kord even in Blue Beetle? Cause the movie is about Jamie Reyes, who doesn't have much to do with Booster Gold

12 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Is Ted Kord even in Blue Beetle? Cause the movie is about Jamie Reyes, who doesn't have much to do with Booster Gold

Susan Sarandon is playing Victoria Kord so we know Kord industries is in the movie at least. 

3 hours ago, belblazer said:

Blue Beetle is the only DC movie coming that don't have any cameos. According to insiders, only mentions. So they can easily include it in the new DCU.

I don't know. If Shazam 2 can only make $30 million OW, I suspect this one will probably be even less than that.

Edited by poweranimals
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, excel1 said:

How is Aquaman, positioned as the major Christmas tentpole, "screwed"?

It's a waste of its slot vs. movies that have actual potential and a future. If it has crap reviews/buzz people simply won't go. Nobody HAS to see any tentpole. WB should consider punting it and slotting in something else where there's still time.

And no, this is not about Heard. Levi's antivax stuff wasn't the reason Shazam bombed either.

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

Aquabro 1 did $1.2b. Expectations for should be huge. 

Shazam 2 is gonna do less than half of 1. "Aquabro" is gonna horribly underperform stuff like Rise of Skywalker and Avatar 2. Might as well punt for Wonka, esp. if Blue Beetle also gets squished.

7 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

Shazam 2 is gonna do less than half of 1. "Aquabro" is gonna horribly underperform stuff like Rise of Skywalker and Avatar 2. Might as well punt for Wonka, esp. if Blue Beetle also gets squished.

disney should just move their big november film to december tbh

On 3/17/2023 at 1:50 PM, WittyUsername said:

If what Grace Randolph says is true, then WB is apparently helping out with it, and it will officially mark a point of closure for Zack Snyder in regards to DC. 

I think it's believable that Snyder made some deal with WB in order to screen his movies at the event, because he probably needs their approval for that. And I think it would be really cool if there was an appearance from James Gunn where Snyder shows his support for the new DCU or even better yet, if they announce some DC project at least produced by Snyder, even if it's just some animation. This division between DC fans who adore Snyder and the ones who hate his movies has got to stop, because it serves absolutely no one. At least no one who cares for DC films.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Regarding the Aquaman stuff, I don't believe the test screenings for a second. If the Momoa meeting with Gunn was about continuing Aquaman, there's no way it's a disaster. They'd cut bait immediately.

that meeting was prolly about lobo 🤷‍♂️ 

6 minutes ago, TMP said:

that meeting was prolly about lobo 🤷‍♂️ 

(that would be funny. them knowing the movie is bad, agreeing to wait until 2024 to announce Lobo. but then promoting the hell out of Aquaman 2 as if it was going to continue)