Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

26 minutes ago, Scubasteve716 said:

Which popular show or film did Zaslav cancel? Didn’t realize Zaslav was the sole cause of the strike.

We’re at the tail end of strike and still in the middle of a second strike and people are still valiantly defending their favorite CEOs and conglomerates from random tweets.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Why do people blame the bombage of Blue Beetle, Flash, Shazam 2 on Zaslav? He greenlit 0 of those projects. 

Also, I wonder why people are so quick to defend Disney over the slightest bit of criticism but hound WB for literally nothing.

Have you checked out the Disney thread recently?  Plenty of criticism has been sent Iger's way the last few months from fans of Disney properties.

NB/ETA:  I might add that SW fans were waaaay ahead of the curve when it came to casting side-eyes at Iger. 😉

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Why do people blame the bombage of Blue Beetle, Flash, Shazam 2 on Zaslav? He greenlit 0 of those projects. 

Also, I wonder why people are so quick to defend Disney over the slightest bit of criticism but hound WB for literally nothing.

Beats me. You won’t see me stanning a 72 year old man who left his lucrative job, then came back a few years later to replace his replacement.

And if you think people criticize WB for “literally nothing” and don’t criticize Disney for a lot of stuff (including some very political stuff in recent years)…you must be using a different version of the internet from everyone else in the world.

6 minutes ago, Scubasteve716 said:

90% of criticism surrounding the strike was directed at Zaslav / WB / Iger / Disney lol. I did not see any surrounding Sony, Universal, Lionsgate, paramount, or their CEOs. 

I’m pretty sure Lionsgate isn’t part of the AMPTP, although if I’m wrong, then feel free to correct me. 

Anyway, it wasn’t just WBD and Disney that people were calling out. Companies like Netflix and Universal got plenty of heat too. 

• Like 1