Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

On 9/25/2023 at 3:32 PM, Scubasteve716 said:

90% of criticism surrounding the strike was directed at Zaslav / WB / Iger / Disney lol. I did not see any surrounding Sony, Universal, Lionsgate, paramount, or their CEOs. 

That is because they were high profile in the media, most of the other CEO;s were unknwon to the public.

A lot of the hatred of Zaslev..who I do not like at all..is because he cancelled some DC TV shows, which the DC fans and geeks loved,but the general audience did not.I liked a couple of the shows myself..Doom Patrol in Particulr..but if they were not pulling their weight and repaying their costs they had to go. Warerns was..and is..in bad debt problem. and costs had to be cut.

But i agree that Zaslev badly damaged CNN, with his horrid appointments.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2

On 9/25/2023 at 3:55 PM, Arlborn said:

The Adventures of Gimli and Legolas: The BFFs of the Middle Earth.

I must confess I would watch that

As a Tolkien fan for over thirry  years, I think shows  like that would be the work of Sauron.

They are trying to treat the works of Tolkien like you would a Comic Book franchise; it is not going to work; there was only one Tolkien.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/25/2023 at 1:48 PM, Bob Train said:

Why do people blame the bombage of Blue Beetle, Flash, Shazam 2 on Zaslav? He greenlit 0 of those projects. 

Also, I wonder why people are so quick to defend Disney over the slightest bit of criticism but hound WB for literally nothing.

I repeat, Zaslev will never be forgiven by some for his canceeling some TV shows fanboys loved but virwers overall did not.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Human said:

Until he is cast I do not believe any reports from DC Films's head of PR about Xolo returning.  It just sounds like marketing for the movie currently in theaters.

The movie is on digital. It would be far worse PR for Gunn to be parading around naming exact actors and then NOT bringing them back.

30 minutes ago, Human said:

Until he is cast I do not believe any reports from DC Films's head of PR about Xolo returning.  It just sounds like marketing for the movie currently in theaters.

I believe him in Xolo's case, it feels like the character is a somewhat big part of some of his future plans for DCU that he simply do not want to let go. It also could be that he just thinks the actor really nailed the character and is worth keeping.

Actually, it is probably a combination of both.

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

I believe him in Xolo's case, it feels like the character is a somewhat big part of some of his future plans for DCU that he simply do not want to let go. It also could be that he just thinks the actor really nailed the character and is worth keeping.

Actually, it is probably a combination of both.

And I think Gunn wants to keep the door open for bigger names in the oriiganl DCU to return..like a certain lady from Israel.

On 9/28/2023 at 6:24 PM, Human said:

Why? "Xolo appears in an episode of Booster Gold in 2027" technically satisfies this criteria in the same way Lady Sif guest staring "proved" Agents of Shield was a real MCU show instead of its own non canonical thing. They've made enough public statements that giving him a small secondary role in one of these films seems like an option that involves minimal changes and minimal loss of face 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

On 9/29/2023 at 5:24 AM, Human said:

The movie basically over in theater,if it's marketing. Doesnt make any sense at all.

27 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

DC is going to feel like a Frankenstein’s monster of a franchise if they don’t do a hard reboot. 

If Aquaman 2 is a hit, there will be a Aquman 3 for sure.

Dumping Cavill immediately after he showed up in Black Adam was is one of the quickest turnarounds ever.

Also the will they or won't they with Gadot and WW3 is hilarious.

• Like 1

I’m assuming that none of the Justice League actors are coming back, outside of Jason Momoa playing Lobo. It looks like the DCU is taking the New 52 approach, where it’s meant to be a reboot, but certain aspects of the old continuity will be kept in a broad strokes sort of way.

• Like 1