Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Hmm I don’t know if I agree with all of this. 

It’s bad press, for a start. It’s not about it being part of a bigger universe, it’s just the probability that: these four films were in the can before the changes and firings and they’ll likely never get sequels. Even the direct or stand alone ones, if they’re wiping the slate clean. 

They’re not getting rid of Batman and Superman and keeping the same actors for Wonder Woman and Aquaman. 

pretty sure Gadot and Momoa are also gone. Though Momoa may be recast as Lobo 

9 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

God, this is so stupid. If Marvel was able to thrive for years without Spider-Man or the X-Men, there is no reason a DC Universe shouldn’t be able to thrive without a Batman. 

If we're actually getting another young batman in this, then i'm out. Especially because they're not gonna find a better fit than Pattinson. At this point the Reeves and Joker musical are the only things DC has going for it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TMP said:

If we're actually getting another young batman in this, then i'm out. Especially because they're not gonna find a better fit than Pattinson. At this point the Reeves and Joker musical are the only things DC has going for it.

I suppose another possibility is that James Gunn and Matt Reeves lied, and they really are going to incorporate Robert Pattinson’s into the new DCU. 

4 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

The worst part about all this is all of the “what’s the point in Shazam 2/Aquaman 2/Blue Beetle” takes that I keep seeing online as if a film NEEDS to be tangentially related to another film in order to matter. Not every film needs to be connected to an MCU style wider universe in order to matter. Shazam only had passing references to the DCEU (that weren’t plot relevant), and it’s still a fun movie. You can still enjoy these upcoming films as standalone stories.

Personally I prefer the stand-alone films these days, as much as I like most of the MCU films, I find it annoying how they seem to have trained a generation of audiences to expect everything to be connected or there’s “no point”.

I agree, it's just fanboys and the wind ups on here who think WB will dump all their DC films for 2023 because they're recasting Superman. 

Look at Joker and The Batman, neither connected to the wider DC Universe but both very successful and were standalone. 

My guess is that both Joker: Folie à Deux and The Batman sequel will be treated as their own thing much like how in the comics, there are DC limited series that aren't in universe.

Edited by Jonwo

22 hours ago, excel1 said:

Superman: Jacob Elordi

Lois Lane: no idea

Lex Luthor: Cillian Murphy 

Jor-el: Brendan Fraser

Jimmy Olsen: no idea

Perry White: John Goodman

Jonathon Kent: Josh Hartnett

Martha Kent: Reese Witherspoon 

Updated.

19 minutes ago, cax16 said:

We already gave you a perfect person for Jimmy Olsen.

1200px-Timoth%C3%A9e_Chalamet_2017_Berli

The problem with this is that Jimmy Olsen can't fly. Therefore, I can't picture myself in Jimmy Olsen's arms as we fly into the night sky. That's a very important thing the casting directors need to recognize.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Eric The Last Airbender said:

The problem with this is that Jimmy Olsen can't fly. Therefore, I can't picture myself in Jimmy Olsen's arms as we fly into the night sky. That's a very important thing the casting directors need to recognize.

COUNTERPOINT:

694247.jpg

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Connected to what though? What big overarching storyline are they leading to that’s been abruptly ended? It’s not like the MCU when it was heading towards Avengers movies with big events. It’s been 4 years since I watched Aquaman, but aside from featuring a character that was in Justice League, I can’t actually remember it having any particular ties to any other DC films. You could easily watch, understand and enjoy Aquaman without any prior knowledge of Justice League. If you didn’t know JL, BvS and MoS existed, you wouldn’t even know it was connected. Likewise with Shazam.

The Flash is another thing though, that obviously has ties. If there’s a lame duck with a plot that’s not going to go anywhere due to all this, it’s The Flash.

Even if people don't care about the wider universe they DO care about the individual future of those movies and stories. They might reject those movies, not because it's the end of the universe they're in but because it's the end of that iteration of those characters, period. You're kidding yourself if you think that won't matter to people. 

The issue here is people KNOW DC is being rebooted. I may have agreed with you if the audience was going into these movies without that knowledge.

Edited by Verrows
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

That movie wasn’t part of a franchise that got canceled before it even released. 

Do you think the majority of the general public even realizes that Shazam is a part of the current DCEU? Or that Blue Beetle kinda is?

The Flash is a wildcard, and Aquaman it will not matter lol even if they announced he's playing Lobo before it comes out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChipDerby said:

Do you think the majority of the general public even realizes that Shazam is a part of the current DCEU? Or that Blue Beetle kinda is?

The Flash is a wildcard, and Aquaman it will not matter lol even if they announced he's playing Lobo before it comes out.

I mean, if Gal Gadot is in the next Shazam movie then kinda? 

Edited by WittyUsername