Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

29 minutes ago, Verrows said:

So two movies have actually been dated, a DCU movie and an Elseworlds.

Superman Legacy (July 11, 2025)

Batman 2 (October 3, 2025)

I wonder if DC will have their go-to dates like Marvel has chosen mid February (Presidents' Day weekend), early May, end of July and early November. Gunn did say he won't be beholden to dates so probably not. October seems to be the Elseworlds spot (Joker 2 also dated October 4, 2024) but otherwise we'll probably get an assortment of dates that are beholden to the script and not the other way around.

I am surprised they didn't schedule Superman Legacy for June though, just to separate a bit more from whatever Marvel has dated for July 25, 2025.

Why not move it up a week and release on the 4th? I'm still bitter we never had a Cap movie release on Independence Day, but Superman seems like a great fit too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lion Roar said:

Why not move it up a week and release on the 4th? I'm still bitter we never had a Cap movie release on Independence Day, but Superman seems like a great fit too.

That would work too. I still think it should drop in June.

We all know there are going to be changes made; a couple of these films will be dropped; and a couple of projects not mentioned will in added.

I see that Gunn if following the Warner's Legal department advice on Ezra Miller: until all the legal mess is resolved, the less said the better.

Swamp Thing strikes me as more of an October type film but I could see WB and DC Studios go for September or January dates. 

The Brave and the Bold sounds like a way for WB to do Batman in a more fun way, I suspect they'll probably try and use villains who are perhaps a bit too fantasy for Matt Reeves' Batman trilogy like Clayface, Ra's Al Gul, Man-Bat etc Mr Freeze is 50/50 because I would think if Matt Reeves can find a way to do a grounded Mr Freeze, they'll let him use the character. 

5 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Got to admit, not a fan of the idea of two different Batmen in two different universes releasing films concurrently, it feels like it could hamper both Reeves’ films and the new DCU Batman films as it’ll feel like less of an event when a new one comes out. I’d rather them just keep Batman separate until Reeves completes his trilogy, but I guess as long as Reeves is allowed to do his trilogy, that’s all that matters.

It's going to be tricky with two Batmans;One could kill the other at the box office if not carefully handled.

I can see why they did not just include Robin in the Reeves verse;A Teen age sidekick just does not fit in with Reeves vision of the Dark Knight as a loner; not much different then Nolan's Batman in that regard. I am betting Nolan probably came under some presusre to include Robin until "The Dark Night" made so much loot at the box office.

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Swamp Thing strikes me as more of an October type film but I could see WB and DC Studios go for September or January dates. 

The Brave and the Bold sounds like a way for WB to do Batman in a more fun way, I suspect they'll probably try and use villains who are perhaps a bit too fantasy for Matt Reeves' Batman trilogy like Clayface, Ra's Al Gul, Man-Bat etc Mr Freeze is 50/50 because I would think if Matt Reeves can find a way to do a grounded Mr Freeze, they'll let him use the character. 

I think's the the whole idea; do a version of the Batman that is lighter then the Reeves  version without going all the way into camp a ls the 1966 tv show (though I am willing to derend the Adam West series as suceeding very well for the first two seasons at what it set out to do).

As for Ras Al GHul, seems to me Nolan did a grounded version of Ras quite well.

DCU Batman should be much more commercial and fantastical than what Reeves is doing. It'll have to stick out. 

Channing Tatum would be an interesting choice it. Josh Hartnett is probably more pick all things commercial and critical considered. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, excel1 said:

DCU Batman should be much more commercial and fantastical than what Reeves is doing. It'll have to stick out. 

Channing Tatum would be an interesting choice it. Josh Hartnett is probably more pick all things commercial and critical considered. 

Reeves’ Batman already had Lego tie-ins and the like. How much more commercial can you get? 

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I refuse to believe that when they thought "we have a potential franchise here" re: Black Adam until it flopped.

Well, Safran obviously wasn’t going to say “yeah, our boss made a big mistake that completely disrespected our talent.”