Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

23 minutes ago, cax16 said:

AT&T fucking sucks, they moved their slate to HBO Max ahead of this Disney investor day to steal some buzz.

Disney just got a bunch more buzz and is still releasing many films in theatres (also known as not lighting $2B on fire) 

Edited by Jamiem
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

Literally no good will come from this decision for WB

I don’t see how anyone thought this was going to be a good decision.

I get all the people saying covid and movies have to come out, and it would of been fine to release some movies on max but not all of Those( like dune and SS2 for example should of stayed theatrical)

Max isn’t gonna be Disney+ or Netflix, it will if they’re lucky be third, especially because they’ve only launched in the states. This was just a terrible decision. 

Edited by cax16

3 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

AT&T fucking sucks, they moved their slate to HBO Max ahead of this Disney investor day to steal some buzz.

Disney just got a bunch more buzz and is still releasing many films in theatres (also known as not lighting $2B on fire) 

I know they’re only movies but this whole thing with AT&T has bummed me out so bad since it was announced. 

1 minute ago, The GOAT said:

to Who? Universal? Disney? Sony? Paramount?

Anyone else besides a company where Stankey is involved.

As I said last week I would be so fine if Disney bought DC, at least I know we’d get movies consistently made with a plan. Now I’m not even sure what will happen going forward cause of this terrible decision. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I am not seeing anything on Bloomberg about Denis Villeneuve buying bonds for AMC and Regal.  

Maybe all these directors and talent crying so much can you know actually do something to save Cinema.  Lucas is worth a few billion, Spielberg 3.7 billion, Cameron is over a billion, Nolan a quarter billion.  They have more than enough to paper over the theaters until they get back on their feet. 

1 minute ago, jimisawesome said:

I am not seeing anything on Bloomberg about Denis Villeneuve buying bonds for AMC and Regal.  

Maybe all these directors and talent crying so much can you know actually do something to save Cinema.  Lucas is worth a few billion, Spielberg 3.7 billion, Cameron is over a billion, Nolan a quarter billion.  They have more than enough to paper over the theaters until they get back on their feet. 

I totally get where you’re coming from  but this is more about how WB just destroyed its relationship with many of its creative talent. 

I don’t agree with their business decision but if they think it’s best that’s fine but this was not the way to handle it. 

15 minutes ago, jimisawesome said:

Why not go after WB/AT&T? Who instead thought releasing a movie that had a 99% chance of flopping in the current environment (and did) on the condition that exhibitors would only get 1/3 of its total and allowing many theaters to close again right after was somehow a better idea.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, belblazer said:

Paramount is a way better option for DC. I'm afraid with the future of the DC content because of this decision.

I doubt Paramount has the money to buy WB because let's be honest, if DC is getting sold, the whole studio will be sold along with it, not separate. Paramount had to sell off their films this year to survive.

• Thanks 1