CJohn

The Peanuts Movie | November 6, 2015

This might give some indication of how huge Peanuts still is.   Charles M. Schulz was 3rd on "dead celebrities" list last year for the 3rd year in a row.  (behind only Michael Jackson and Elvis)  He's been in the top 5 every year I've seen.

http://www.forbes.com/special-report/2013/dead-celebrities.html

Edited by Harpospoke
  • Like 2

I'm really appreciating studios taking different approaches with CGI nowadays. LEGO was a breath of fresh air, and this looks really neat as well

Yeah, we seem to be seeing studios starting to actually take advantage of the unlimited art styles CGI is capable of recently. Unfortunately it may even moreso spell the doom for hand-drawn films, but at least they don't all look the same anymore.

• Like 2

I don't think it will do those big of a numbers. I see it doing 186M DOM right now.

Peanuts are iconic and they're doing something great with the animation style. The only wild card is the script, but with those related to Shultz involved, I think it should still do great

• Like 2

Peanuts are iconic and they're doing something great with the animation style. The only wild card is the script, but with those related to Shultz involved, I think it should still do great

I think 186M would be great for Peanuts.

I think 186M would be great for Peanuts.

For a Blue Sky film? It sure would. Only Ice Age 2-3 have grossed that much domestically. Heck, even adjusted for inflation, no Blue Sky movie outside of Ice Age 1-3 has made that much.As an aside: I hope this bucks the trend of past Blue Sky movies and actually gets a large-scale theatrical release in Japan. I know they're not very receptive to non-Disney/Pixar American animation...but I also know that they love Snoopy. Edited by TServo2049