Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

Where does the 200m come from, if I remember Villeneuve comment he said that is producers liked to remind him that he was doing :

One of the most expensive independently funded R-rated movie of all time.

Was any of those above Wolf of Wall Street 100m budget ?

Exact quote:

“My producers are finding it fun to remind me that it will be one of the most expensive R-rated independent feature films ever made,” he said.

The biggest one I can think of is Wolf of Wall street ? That does not sound like a 200m movie.

Edited by Barnack

Just now, Tele Came Back said:

If you watch on mute you'd miss the score. 

80s synth is dumb. NO 80S SYNTH ON MY SCORE LIST WE DID FOR THE THING. also the chariots of fire score is annoying. i know you like that movie but its boring and it sucks. some jerkoff won't run because it's sunday whatever running isn't even a real job asshole.

anyway blade runner, hmm. i was talking about watching 2049 on mute anyway because deakins.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Where does the 200m come from, if I remember Villeneuve comment he said that is producers liked to remind him that he was doing :

One of the most expensive independently funded R-rated movie of all time.

Was any of those above Wolf of Wall Street 100m budget ?

Exact quote:

“My producers are finding it fun to remind me that it will be one of the most expensive R-rated independent feature films ever made,” he said.

The biggest one I can think of is Wolf of Wall street ? That does not sound like a 200m movie.

Not sure what "independent"  means when your movie involves Warner, Sony/ Columbia and one of the most successful & powerful director of the last 40 years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

80s synth is dumb. NO 80S SYNTH ON MY SCORE LIST WE DID FOR THE THING. also the chariots of fire score is annoying. i know you like that movie but its boring and it sucks. some jerkoff won't run because it's sunday whatever running isn't even a real job asshole.

Is it just your avatar or have you actually started to talk more like Tarantino in Dogs/Pulp. This reads like the beginning of a Jimmy rant. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Not sure what "independent"  means when your movie involves Warner, Sony/ Columbia and one of the most successful & powerful director of the last 40 years.

It is probably that the production money come a lot from non-studio fund, even thought they are pre-engaged to distributed it and will fund the distribution expense.

Studio is not involved before post-production and will see the movie pretty much once it is done without getting involved, it was one of the condition for Scorsese to accept to do Wolf, independantly made/funded so he would not fight with studio notes, it ended up that a lot of the fund came from government official fraud and organized crime at the end.

Lucas star wars prequels were also like that I think.

Not sure what the director has to do with independent status ? More powerful the director, closer to independent from external influence the process then to be no ?

With all that said, is statement does not indicate a 200m budget (or there is independant R-rated movie costing more than that, that I cannot think of, the Matrix sequels maybe ?)

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

It is probably that the production money come a lot from non-studio fund, even thought they are pre-engaged to distributed it and will fund the distribution expense.

Studio is not involved before post-production and will see the movie pretty much once it is done without getting involved, it was one of the condition for Scorsese to accept to do Wolf, independantly made/funded so he would not fight with studio notes, it ended up that a lot of the fund came from government official fraud and organized crime at the end.

Lucas star wars prequels were also like that I think.

Not sure what the director has to do with independent status ? More powerful the director, closer to independent from external influence the process then to be no ?

With all that said, is statement does not indicate a 200m budget (or there is independant R-rated movie costing more than that, that I cannot think of, the Matrix sequels maybe ?)

The Matrix sequels were definitely not independent productions, as far as I know. WB and affiliated partners, through and through.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

You gotta watch more movies.

I've been saying it, after October 6th Denis Whatshisname is gonna replace Christopher Nolan as the new favorite director of the intertubes 

get ready lul

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

You gotta watch more movies.

Oh trust me I do lol. I attend Cannes, Venice and other festivals every year and watch arthouse and popcorn flicks.

He's still my favorite director working today.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I still haven't seen the first film so i have no idea what's going on or why Leto is rubbing honey on people or whatever. some kind of winnie the pooh fetish idk. i'll probably see it before october, but if ever there was a movie i would gladly watch on mute it would be this.

I'm shocked (even appalled) by the number of movie buffs who have still not watched Blade Runner, one of the best films *of all time*

Some in the Collider crew admitted to not having seen it yet and a few others say they don't really like it!

I'm like :winomg:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

I'm shocked (even appalled) by the number of movie buffs who have still not watched Blade Runner, one of the best films *of all time*

Some in the Collider crew admitted to not having seen it yet and a few others say they don't really like it!

I'm like :winomg:

i've been close several times it's actually my brother's favourite movie. 85% of the reason i haven't seen it is to be a dick to him. same with brazil and dark city. like all of those movies have a bunch of different cuts that i'm supposed to watch, why can't this asshole just like a normal movie?

• Like 4