Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

2 minutes ago, James said:

Does that mean WB will get the state side profit? Because if so, they will make A LOT of money, seeing how the didn't actually pay for the movie, only for the distribution.

If it is a pure distribution deal, it could be like Sony did on The Tourist, GK film made and financed the movie.

Sony paid 0 for acquiring it but paid 111.25 on is world distribution (theatrical and home video) and gave 77.61 million to the producer from the 217.83 million they made on the movie, keeping 19.025m in profit.

Looking at the number, it look like the deal could have been, distribute our movie, give us 80% of the gross distribution margin (without considering production cost), keep 20% of the distribution margin if they exist.

Tourist (in sony territories):

Total revenue: 217.83m

Release expense + overhead + residuals: 121.195m

Movie margin (whitout production cost): 96.6m

Toward the movie producer: 77.61m (80.3%)

Toward sony: 19.025m (19.7%)

In those scenario if releasing the movie cost less than the revenues, you make some money, otherwise you loose some, making the risk rather small but the reward in case of success also pretty limited.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

If it is a pure distribution deal, it could be like Sony did on The Tourist, GK film made and financed the movie.

Sony paid 0 for acquiring it but paid 111.25 on is world distribution (theatrical and home video) and gave 77.61 million to the producer from the 217.83 million they made on the movie, keeping 19.025m in profit.

Looking at the number, it look like the deal could have been, distribute our movie, give us 80% of the gross distribution margin (without considering production cost), keep 20% of the distribution margin if they exist.

Tourist (in sony territories):

Total revenue: 217.83m

Release expense + overhead + residuals: 121.195m

Movie margin (whitout production cost): 96.6m

Toward the movie producer: 77.61m (80.3%)

Toward sony: 19.025m (19.7%)

In those scenario if releasing the movie cost less than the revenues, you make some money, otherwise you loose some, making the risk rather small but the reward in case of success also pretty limited.

Sony didn't distribute in some markets like the UK so I assume GK Films was able to recoup some if not all the production costs from their deal with Sony and local distributors. Something like Arrival and Silence was the same where Paramount only took US and Canadian distribution.

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

A whole British crew acted like assholes when a weird Canadian dude arrived at Pinewood studios in 1985 to shoot the sequel of that Alien flick ...

-_-

The canadian took control of that island pretty quickly.

:rock:

Another Ridley Scott film, can they not come up with their own ideas :sparta:

I knew this movie gonna be good at the very least when Denis Villeneuve signed on after reading the script along with bringing his buddy Roger Deakins along.  Glad its apparently really, really good.  

This movie is long as fuck and I'm gonna be seeing it on Thursday night next week at 7 when I gotta get up at 2:30am the next morning for da jerb. lul.

Holy shit at that score. I haven't seen the RT, Average Score and Metacritic that high for an action/sci-fi film with so many reviews in since TFA and Mad Max: Fury Road.

I refuse to even look at the excerpts but saw the Top Critics was 100%...that's enough for me. I refuse to read or watch a single review for this before seeing it.

I'm sure it will drop some but I can't see it leaving the 90s at this point.

4 hours ago, shayhiri said:

The Shay can hereby GUARANTEE to all interested parties that the francophone director should be the LAST to thank if this turns out good.

It would be the writing, the setting, the actors, THE LEGEND that is Blade Runner - that all make this good.

What the Shay expects from Monsieur Villeneuve (guy sounds like a Bond villain, doesn't he) - is just to not fuck things up (too much). :)

I strongly disagree. Ridley Scott - Prometheus, Alien: Covenant

8 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

This is doing $50M+ OW. And, probably something like $175M+ DOM. Just my two cents. People are ready. They want it. It will play better than Mad Max.

That's what I'm thinking as well. The visuals from the trailers are going to get a lot into the theaters alone. Gosling will draw the girls too.

5 hours ago, NCsoft said:

I forgot about it immediately after, it had no emotional impact whatsoever. I don't get the critical praise or the 94 MTC score, I just don't understand...

Not me. The aerial set pieces along with that score were mesmerizing. It was incredible in that Dolby 5.1 Atmosphere theater. 

The only thing I can't really remember from it were the character names but they weren't said a whole lot.