Tower

Weekend estimates (11-02/04-12)(starting pg 15)

To everyone questioning Flight's theater count–it is all about award prospects! This is not a very expensive film that demands a huge amount of theaters on opening weekend to recoup its budget. Paramount is going for the slow burn which will extend the film's run and increase the award potential. Also on a superficial level, a platformed release has the effect of making the film seem more like an art house project which does attract more Oscar attention for better or worse.

• Like 1

The Flight PTA is INSANE.

The Power of Denzel is insane.I have faith that Skyfall will be the biggest Bond ever but as far as domestic front goes, don`t underestimate the damage that BD2 will cause in second weekend. It isn`t just women and girls that will flock to see it. They are pumping one action sequence as if the whole movie is action, in previews. So some guys will check it out or at least will be less opposed to being dragged by their worse halves.

CS:

Ralph "A"

Tangled "A+"

RT:

Ralph 84%

Tangled 90%

MC:

Ralph 72 (current)

Tangled 71

BO:

Ralph ? + ?

Tangled 200M DOM + 390M OS

I doubt Ralph can get Tangled legs. And it wont come close to Tangled OS number.

Rise of the Guardians opening on November 21 is going to hurt Ralph's legs more than any reviews or anything else.
  • Like 1

Brilliant for the top 2, and Iron Fists as well, Argo just ouch. So much for a 2% sunday decrease prediction. :lol: And Cloud Atlas too, I thought it would do better, seems like the type of movie that drops softly.

No, Will Smith is out of reach B) Men in Black 3 grossed way more Denzel's last movies, combined.

Will Smith only does massive tentpoles. Put Denzel in one of them and after that we talk. Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1