Tower

Weekend estimates (11-02/04-12)(starting pg 15)

Disney's "Wreck-It Ralph" is having no trouble luring audiences out of the cold. The 3D animation feature is on track for a hefty $50 million-plus, according to Friday evening estimates, which would mark Disney's third-highest opening of the year behind Pixar's "Brave," which bowed with a $66 million debut.

Paramount's "Flight," meanwhile, is doing healthy business at No. 2. The Denzel Washington starrer, directed by Robert Zemeckis, should land in the $18 million range through Sunday.

WB's "Argo" continues to hold well at $9 million to $10 million for the frame while U's kung-fu actioner "The Man With the Iron Fists" should debut around $8 million.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118061669

• Like 1

Disney's "Wreck-It Ralph" is having no trouble luring audiences out of the cold. The 3D animation feature is on track for a hefty $50 million-plus, according to Friday evening estimates, which would mark Disney's third-highest opening of the year behind Pixar's "Brave," which bowed with a $66 million debut.

Paramount's "Flight," meanwhile, is doing healthy business at No. 2. The Denzel Washington starrer, directed by Robert Zemeckis, should land in the $18 million range through Sunday.

WB's "Argo" continues to hold well at $9 million to $10 million for the frame while U's kung-fu actioner "The Man With the Iron Fists" should debut around $8 million.

http://www.variety.c...le/VR1118061669

That's a bit harsh for Argo, down about 17%.
  • Like 2

http://www.variety.c...le/VR1118061669

Wow. So much for weather effecting box office. There goes my predicts for the weekend.

I don't think Wreck-It Ralph will get a typical November kiddie film Saturday bump because Internet buzz is so high. There will be a much larger young adult/gamer audience for this than movies like Megamind or Bee Movie and those demographics are more likely to see it on opening night on Friday than family audiences who wait until Saturday.

I don't think Wreck-It Ralph will get a typical November kiddie film Saturday bump because Internet buzz is so high. There will be a much larger young adult/gamer audience for this than movies like Megamind or Bee Movie and those demographics are more likely to see it on opening night on Friday than family audiences who wait until Saturday.

Shut up and let me have my optimistic night without thinking of these possibilites, damn it. :(

Very happy Ralph is doing big business. And great for Flight, as well.

Edited by Dekunova

FRIDAY 11:30 PM, 2ND UPDATE: CinemaScores are in. Audiences gave Wreck-It Ralph an ‘A’ which should bode well for positive word of mouth and playability through the Thanksgiving holiday as there is little family competition in the marketplace until then. Flight received an ’A-’ which will also help grosses. The Man With The Iron Fists end up with only a ’C+’ which could hurt word of mouth.

Refined numbers coming shortly.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/first-box-office-wreck-it-ralph-flexes-wide-1-with-48m-50m-weekend-flight-takes-off-in-12-as-many-theaters-with-14m-17m-the-man-with-the-iron-fists-6m-10m/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 3

Wreck it Ralph did extremely well at my theater with a few sellouts. It was crazy busy all night. The teen audience is definitely helping it out with the night shows. Wouldn't be surprised if this goes north of 200m. As the BO is finally exciting again, I will come out of hiding haha.

• Like 3

Wreck it Ralph did extremely well at my theater with a few sellouts. It was crazy busy all night. The teen audience is definitely helping it out with the night shows. Wouldn't be surprised if this goes north of 200m. As the BO is finally exciting again, I will come out of hiding haha.

Welcome back.

Now we just need redfirebird to come back and it'll be a party! :wave: