T    270

W   420  +55%

T    570  +36%   2day +111%

F    800  +40%   2 day +90%

S  1300  +62%  2 day +128%

S  2019  +55%  2 day +152%

Getting worse.

1 hour ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Of course shutting down cities might be China overcompensating after SARS but it also sends a clear message that they take this shit seriously and there's no way its only 2000 cases. They just announced a lockdown on a city in Guangdong 800km away from Wuhan! If things get out of hand there the electronics manufacturers worldwide who depend on workers there for parts and components will get nailed in markets and here comes recession. 

Some estimate it is much higher when they do the math on how busy the hospitals are. 

Ive heard 10k and 100k.

I heard two doctors got it through their eyes.

Chinese members,  wear goggles as well as masks if going out for food.

27 minutes ago, POTUS 2020 said:

Some estimate it is much higher when they do the math on how busy the hospitals are. 

Ive heard 10k and 100k.

Yeah cornoaviruses can infect you through eyes. People touch their faces with their hands and get infected. Common colds do that too.

tbf not everyone at the hospital will be sick. Tons of people might have a random common cold or cough and are paranoid so they go to the hospital to demand to be checked. Ironically this may put them in danger of actually being infected. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

I think you missed my point. They might have assumed the virus was just another one and didn't adequately inform Beijing till it was too late. In an authoritarian state you want to keep news to good news and hide the bad news. 

Of course shutting down cities might be China overcompensating after SARS but it also sends a clear message that they take this shit seriously and there's no way its only 2000 cases. They just announced a lockdown on a city in Guangdong 800km away from Wuhan! If things get out of hand there the electronics manufacturers worldwide who depend on workers there for parts and components will get nailed in markets and here comes recession. 

that is just your imagination I am afraid as you dont live in a totalitarian nation you physically can't understand how the authority behave.

It was 100% certain they were trying to cover things up, even knowing the virus is serious. Lockingdown cities was a desperate move after the outbreak went out of control. You may ask how do I know? I dont even need to prove it. Even the brainwashed common Chinese people have reached a consensus that  the local gov were covering things up.

The lesson is cover-up is inevitable under such a system.

4 hours ago, POTUS 2020 said:

CV infected

T    270

W   420  +55%

S  1300  +62%  2 day +128%

S  2019  +55%  2 day +152%

Getting worse.

Ive heard 10k and 100k.

SARS took 4 months to reach 1000 cases , while in less than a month, CV infected 2000. At least the fatality rate is lower than SARS 

23 minutes ago, Movies4Life said:

Are we facing human extinction?

No. It may kill less than 10% of those infected. 

750m max. People

Not yuan not dollars

The problem is an unknown multiple of people can have but not know it yet because it takes 10 days to show and some people are asymptomatic but can spread it. Others may just have a mild cold and not bother being tested and can spread it. The other problem is that is spreading far easier than SARS or Ebola or Swine Flu. 

No pigs chickens goats bats etc allowed in domestic cities. China has to stop shipping live animals into cities.

Edited by POTUS 2020

42 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

When will the Chinese box-office fully recover? Will it recover by the time Mulan releases? 

No one knows right now. First priority is containment and then hopefully things will die down with the virus. Couple of issues with the virus is a problem like the incubation period of 10 days. Honestly we don't know but my guess things should be normal by Mulan.

Hopefully for Chinese population sake, things become normal as soon as possible. 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, a2k said:

Read that a lot of pathogens habit glaciers and ice caps in a frozen harmless state. As the ice melt due to climate change those pathogens are free to inhabit the non-frozen world.41-416027_this-page-contains-all-informa

I feel like I've seen this before in the  X- Files.

Edited by The GOAT

20 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

When will the Chinese box-office fully recover? Will it recover by the time Mulan releases? 

No.

It takes up to 14 days to show signs. 

We wont see a peak until 14 days after the shut downs. People were going to movies and restaurants less than a week ago. And then it will take 2 weeks to taper off. This is a minimum. They may allow travel but not theaters right away. Then many will stay away at first and there will be a back log of movies competing for screens.

SARS daily infections shows the increases and the tapering.  It had 3 big waves but I don't believe they shut down cities like this time

worldwide2003_7_13.jpg

Corona virus count. I heard this goes well with Lyme disease.

T    270

W   420  +55%

S  1300  +62%  2 day +128%     Deaths

S  2019  +55%  2 day +152%       56

M 2794 +39%  2 day   +114%      80  deaths are running at 10% of 3 day prior infected #

Smaller percentage today but still a higher number. 775 increase vs 719 yesterday.  We need this number to steadily drop for 14 days before they can think about loosening restrictions even then another wave could hit

12 hours ago, a2k said:

Read that a lot of pathogens habit glaciers and ice caps in a frozen harmless state. As the ice melt due to climate change those pathogens are free to inhabit the non-frozen world.41-416027_this-page-contains-all-informa

Global warming is a cash grab. 

They have pulled down signs put up 20 years ago stating "This glacier will be gone by 2020". Glacier is still there.   They said Arctic ice would be gone, still there.

Al Gore and Obama both bought waterfront homes . The ice isn't melting and the see isn't rising. 

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/08/28/sea-level-rise-dooms-obamas-new-martha-vineyard-mansion/

There was a "Greta" in 1992 spewing the same garbage. None of it has come true.  

The world will end in 12 years? They sound worse than Revelations now. The new religion. 

a solar minimum happens every 400 years.  Remember the pilgrims having a rough time due to harsh winters? that was 1620, 400 years ago.  It'll get cold any year now and they'll keep that "global warming" tax on fuel when it happens.  Good luck paying your heating bill.

Edited by POTUS 2020
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 2

1 hour ago, POTUS 2020 said:

Global warming is a cash grab. 

They have pulled down signs put up 20 years ago stating "This glacier will be gone by 2020". Glavier still there.

Al Gore and Obama both bought waterfront homes . The ice isnt melting and the see isn't rising.

There was a "Greta" in 1992 spewing the same garbage. None of it has come true.  

The world will end in 12 years? They sound worse than Revelations now. The new religion. 

The Earth is flat and vaccines cause autism too

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

53 minutes ago, Litio said:

The Earth is flat and vaccines cause autism too

I have seen land masses that should be well beyond the curve, I wonder

Every year they add a vaccine, every year the rate of autism goes up. was 1 in 5000 decades ago, now 1 in 39. Again I wonder

Catholic church, after losing attendance to the doom and gloom of the black plague started preaching you would go to hell if you didn't go to church. I bet you don't believe that one anymore, most people did in the 14th century.  Do you fear hell? I don't.  and I don't fear global warming. Most people i know that do and are religious about it, don't own 1 f-ing solar panel or a f-ing electric car.  So apparently they aren't taking it seriously like a 14th century church goer.

Do you or your parents have solar panels and an electric car. Are you vegan and only eat locally grown food?  Cant transport pomegranates 5000 miles. Do you walk or ride a bike on trips less than 5 miles? Talk to me when you do, because Leo flies in private jets to pick up climate awards and I don't want to hear what he has to say unless its a good film.

The biggest concern is the one in Nepal, if it spreads it will make it to India, That'll be biblical

Edited by POTUS 2020
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

32 minutes ago, POTUS 2020 said:

Do you or your parents have solar panels and an electric car. Are you vegan and only eat locally grown food?  Cant transport pomegranates 5000 miles. Do you walk or ride a bike on trips less than 5 miles? Talk to me when you do, because Leo flies in private jets to pick up climate awards and I don't want to hear what he has to say unless its a good film.

Solar Panel: check

Vegan: check

Local Grown food: check

Walk or ride bike on less than 1 mile: check

Don't Fly private jet: check

Global Warming is real. Climate change is real. Ozone depletion is real.

Edited by Jedi Jat
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Solar Panel: check

Vegan: check

Local Grown food: check

Walk or ride bike on less than 1 mile: check

Don't Fly private jet: check

Global Warming is real. Climate change is real. Ozone depletion is real.

Climate always changes,  Why did they officially change it from "global warming" to "climate change". To tell the truth but still fool people.  The ozone was an 80s scare,  another "going to hell!" scheme. Green Peace and religious institutions are brothers from another mother. Scare people, collect money.

Good that you are living it. Most that preach don't

One funny thing is that most that I know are for CC are also for open borders, where tens of millions

should move from third world tropical economies to northern first world countries thereby increasing fuel consumption from 50 gallons per year to 500 gallons per year. Hysterically ironic

youre in India right.  y'all need to cut down on the smog.  Stop burning garbage and use better exhaust systems.  I missed the blue sky when i was there

Edited by POTUS 2020
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, POTUS 2020 said:

youre in India right.  y'all need to cut down on the smog.  Stop burning garbage and use better exhaust systems.  I missed the blue sky when i was there

There are no affordable alternative to burning crop residuals. Though government is likely to stop paddy cultivation and substitute it with maize and other crops during June-october period.

• Like 1