A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

14 minutes ago, Xiaoshu said:

TWE #5 movie in a single country.

I assume Charlie is still asleep, so I’ll step in with how I bet he’d respond.     

#3 in a single country (counting US and Canada separate) after TFA and WW2, beats Avatar and BP with Canada taken out.    

#5 in a single box office territory (US and Canada combined into “domestic”).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Just wake up now. I don't know if I am supposed to tell that but Avatar is still biggest grosser in Canada in USD. Not in C$ though.

OMG I NEVER REALIZED THAT THE EXCHANGE RATE ALSO AFFECTED DOMESTIC BECAUSE OF CANADA. THERE'S TRULY NO ESCAPE FROM THE APPRECIATION OF THE DOLLAR :ohmyzod:

I guess is a pretty minor effect but still, never considered that. (Canadian dollar is around 30% weaker now than at the time of Avatar run) 

Edited by salvador-232
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

7 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

OMG I NEVER REALIZED THAT THE EXCHANGE RATE ALSO AFFECTED DOMESTIC BECAUSE OF CANADA. THERE'S TRULY NO ESCAPE FROM THE APPRECIATION OF THE DOLLAR :ohmyzod:

I guess is a pretty minor effect but still, never considered that. (Canadian dollar is around 30% weaker now than at the time of Avatar run) 

I remember realizing that DOM money was affected by exchange rates a couple months ago. It was pretty wild.

Edited by Thanos Legion

7 hours ago, salvador-232 said:

I have done lots of lists adjusting by ERs and I never realized of that... what a fail :stretcher:

44 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

early reactions from press screenings do not sound great. 

Was expected from China. That's why was not on $200mn train yet. I am mentally ready for a Black Panther.

China like fun and action films, frankly speaking I was surprised with pre-sales. Anyways ¥225mn plus opening day seems like will happen anyways.

That could mean film ain't mediocre.:Venom:

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

6 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Was expected from China. That's why was not on $200mn train yet. I am mentally ready for a Black Panther.

China like fun and action films, frankly speaking I was surprised with pre-sales. Anyways ¥225mn plus opening day seems like will happen anyways.

am i crazy that i still have hope for this movie to hit 200 million there ?  

Edited by john2000

4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

With a possible $90M OW, a multiplier of 1.5x with a low-ish 8+ rating will give the film a total of $135M in China. Not bad for a solo SH film.

• Like 2