A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

1 minute ago, Fake said:

So it crossed 60M!! That's good news....Final number may still increase!!

OD presales should hit 182M. Applying FF8's multiplier yields 460M. So 500M looking very difficult now, but 450M still on track.

Saturday presales 60% higher than what FF8 was at this point!! Honestly can't see Saturday going below 600M.

$250M weekend isn't out of the question yet.

In USD it’s already ahead in MN because of the more favorable exchange rate, correct?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

This wasn’t the general feeling I was getting in the pre sales thread. Not making it to n.1 in midnights seems like a huge bad surprise to me, I was seeing numbers over 70 million being thrown for its midnights. I wonder how the weekend should go but I am definately way more cautious about its potential in the Chinese market.

Jfc why are you still on the midnight number when the OD and Saturday are looking so well. 

17 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

This wasn’t the general feeling I was getting in the pre sales thread. Not making it to n.1 in midnights seems like a huge bad surprise to me, I was seeing numbers over 70 million being thrown for its midnights. I wonder how the weekend should go but I am definately way more cautious about its potential in the Chinese market.

oh, you're getting cautious?  you're worried?  big friggin surprise to anyone who has seen any of your posts 

• Like 2
  • Haha 11
  • Astonished 1

20 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Lol that some intricate fake concern...

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, POTUS said:

gross,  no need to show net.  fees and taxes are include in other countries and its been 2 years since they added them

it was 60m ish until yesterdays pop in the PS.

Maoyan at 60.5m and climbing.  Cboo at 64m.

It can still go higher. As posted earlier. MN don't always make the weekend

I am confused, can it still break the midnight record or not ?

13 minutes ago, MAKKALUL said:

Weren't you the one who was constantly saying that 650m dom was extremely disappointing? 

Yes and I stand by it. But this is for another thread and I provide my full opinion in the Wednesday numbers thread.

57 minutes ago, MAKKALUL said:

Weren't you the one who was constantly saying that 650m dom was extremely disappointing? 

After the great holds on first Monday expectations were a hell of a lot higher than $650m, what's with this revisionist history. Do you guys not remember going bonkers?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

I wonder why the show count was so low if the general demand was there? 🤔

At 178k so far it has the highest screen count ever, by no means is it low. Some though it could come in like 10k higher but it still does not take away from the fact that this is a record. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

After the great holds on first Monday expectations were a hell of a lot higher than $650m, what's with this revisionist history. Do you guys not remember going bonkers?

So 650m is extremely bad now because people got excited on Monday? What lol. A couple months ago people thought 600m+ was impossible.

Edited by MAKKALUL
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MAKKALUL said:

So 650m is extremely bad now because people got excited on Monday? What lol. A couple months ago people thought 600m+ was impossible.

650 looks great to the people who thought 610 would be impossibly high (always seemed a bit silly to me).    

650 doesn’t look so great to people who were hoping for 700-780 after The Weekend+Monday.      

Imo the more reasonable expectations were always 620-720ish, and it will land there, so  nothing to hugely flip out over in either direction.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Looks like it will settle close to 182 mill OD. 

Saturday is still close to 70% of OD. 

Yeah..... At 124M now..... won't double in 24 hrs like most movies do, but should increase 60-75% to reach 200-215M. After that 2.75-3x multiplier is likely.

• Like 1