A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

21 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Probably a bad PSA on 24th will lead to more screen loss when Dream of Eternity opens on 25th. Not sure about hitting 1.3x

Its doing so bad in occupancy, that screen reduction shouldn't have that big impact.

Today was 2% on 62k shows. Tomorrow there are 9k shows and occupancy can be 10% easily, so in real it will be barely 25% drop.

• ...wtf 1

5 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Shock Wave 2 start with 9.4/10 on Taopiaopiao ticket site. Highest score of 2020.

Douban does not show score yet, but recent 100 users give a average score of 8.4/10. Top level of local titles in 2020.

So the 9.4 Maoyan is real then? 

I was thinking it didn’t looks super impressive in PS/OD, but with reception like that it will be nice to see how it evolves over the next week.

16 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

So the 9.4 Maoyan is real then? 

I was thinking it didn’t looks super impressive in PS/OD, but with reception like that it will be nice to see how it evolves over the next week.

yes, buzz was weak. Hong Kong titles were not strong in pre-sale & OD. Industry expect it would hold well with great reactions.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Its doing so bad in occupancy, that screen reduction shouldn't have that big impact.

Today was 2% on 62k shows. Tomorrow there are 9k shows and occupancy can be 10% easily, so in real it will be barely 25% drop.

Occupancy under 6% for over 60% real drop 👀

Maybe it will crack 10% occupancy tomorrow for first time on 3.5k screens. Maybe not 😆

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

What kind of numbers is Soul looking at for this weekend?

Lol, completely forgot that was even coming out here this weekend, Let’s take a look.  

PS ¥1M ballpark :hahaha:  

between locals, same day piracy, and I assume little marketing looks like it will make pennies here unless it’s a Coco/Zootopia/Croods 1 kind of run (doubt strongly).

Edited by WandaLegion
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

yes, buzz was weak. Hong Kong titles were not strong in pre-sale & OD. Industry expect it would hold well with great reactions.

Did you watch it yet? Shockwave 2.

Rescue is so bad, i didnt even finish watching it and left. And it got 9.3...

I don't trust Maoyan score much anymore...

11 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Did you watch it yet? Shockwave 2.

Rescue is so bad, i didnt even finish watching it and left. And it got 9.3...

I don't trust Maoyan score much anymore...

Maoyan is co-production of The Rescue. They knew they fucked up and had no way to save it. But they were reminded of removing all negative on ticket sites. And they did.

In 2021, the 100th anniversary of CPC, there would be 100 political task movies. Some industry insiders expect most of them, if not all, would get zero negative reaction on ticket sites. 9.3/10 at that time might be a very common score. 

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1