Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

9 hours ago, grim22 said:

This advance screened earlier today. A colleague of mine went (by skipping work from the looks of it) because he was a big fan of the first movie. His reaction to me when I asked him how it was - "they Independence Day:Resurgenced it". Probably the first and last time Indepedence Day Resurgence will be used as a verb.

made this image…And I think your friend is reliable... 

DXmk_CeVoAAR5ou.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Astonished 4
  • Disbelief 2

1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

made this image…And I think your friend is reliable... 

DXmk_CeVoAAR5ou.jpg

:bravo:

When Eastwood is your Discount Liam Hemsworth who's already a Discount Chris Hemsworth, you know what kind of poop you are in.  

Just an observation but Willy has more charisma on that image alone than everyone in those other images combined. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 3

Sad to hear bad news about it.

58 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

When Eastwood is your Discount Liam Hemsworth who's already a Discount Chris Hemsworth, you know what kind of poop you are in.  

Just an observation but Willy has more charisma on that image alone than everyone in those other images combined. 

I don't know, I quite liked Elba's pose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Couldn't tell they were different actors until I read your comment. :hahaha:

• Like 1

spewing as a layman, if they had planned this as netflix movie i think it would have been profitable for all? isn't netflix spending a ton on producing their movies anyway? if not a movie, they could have even made a show out of this that would lasted 2-3 seasons.

Edited by a2knet

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

spewing as a layman, if they had planned this as netflix movie i think it would have been profitable for all? isn't netflix spending a ton on producing their movies anyway? if not a movie, they could have even made a show out of this that would lasted 2-3 seasons.

China market is probably too important for any Netflix only movie type. A China theatrical, Netflix rest of the world maybe ?

But it is sold so much on gran spectacle that it would have been a bit strange.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Barnack said:

China market is probably too important for any Netflix only movie type. A China theatrical, Netflix rest of the world maybe ?

But it is sold so much on gran spectacle that it would have been a bit strange.

How much of the money will they see from China though is the question? I also wonder if this isn't too late to really capitalize on the success of the first in China. Lots of things have changed in that market since that one came out, they're no longer eagerly awaiting any spectacle driven Hollywood blockbuster. I don't know if this will be the easy 200+ grosser there it should have been. May only do on par with the first. 

14 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

This is considered a spectacle? It looks like someone filmed their 7 years old son playing with action figures. 

I don't know man, it actually looks pretty cool but I definitely prefer the way the first one looked.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

How much of the money will they see from China though is the question? I also wonder if this isn't too late to really capitalize on the success of the first in China. Lots of things have changed in that market since that one came out, they're no longer eagerly awaiting any spectacle driven Hollywood blockbuster. I don't know if this will be the easy 200+ grosser there it should have been. May only do on par with the first. 

More than usual because it's a Chinese production right?

Edited by Treeing Me Apart

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

How much of the money will they see from China though is the question? I also wonder if this isn't too late to really capitalize on the success of the first in China

Isn't it considered a Chinese movie ?

Filmed in part there:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2557478/locations

Produced by Chinese company:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2557478/companycredits

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

This is considered a spectacle? It looks like someone filmed their 7 years old son playing with action figures. 

Certainly not sold as a character study or anything else than look at the spectacle of giant robots fighting.

From the footage shown I do not even get were the pilots are and why there is 2 of them.

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Isn't it considered a Chinese movie ?

Filmed in part there:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2557478/locations

Produced by Chinese company:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2557478/companycredits

Certainly not sold as a character study or anything else than look at the spectacle of giant robots fighting.

From the footage shown I do not even get were the pilots are and why there is 2 of them.

The first one was all style and spectacle. Most of the characters were forgettable aside from Idris Elba ans Ron Perlman. 

As for the 2 pilots, I believe they needed to form some mental connection with the Jaegers and it was too much for 1 person to handle or something like that. 

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Put some respect on Jeff Goldblum's name

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Um....Jeff Goldblum would like to have a word with you. :gold:

• Like 1