#ED

Estimated Wknd Numbers - BD2(141.3M) Skyfall(41.5M) Lincoln(21M)

Well, as for BD: That Kristen Stewart/Robert Pattinson thing in summer should have hurt, than there's a new franchise called "The Hunger Games", could have cost some millions, but we have to wait for more numbers. But 65m on Friday would be quite underwhelming, that would bring it barely over 120m.Seems like MTC/RS rule was spot on on this one.As for Nikkis "Skyfall"-numbers:I think she meant 31m, as she also stated, that it was down 65% and 31m would be exactly a 65% drop off its OW.Probably early friday numbers were down by 65% and she took that number for the whole weekend, but saturday will obviously be much bigger, so should be much higher.

It isn't going to make 135 if its Friday is only 60-65.

FRIDAY 5:30 PM, 4TH UPDATE: The worldwide total for Breaking Dawn Part 2 is almost $174M already.My sources have now refined their domestic numbers for Breaking Dawn Part 2 – $60M-$65M for today (which includes that $30.4M from Thursday 10 PM and Friday midnight late shows) and $135M for its opening weekend. It’ll be a squeaker whether or not this final Twilight Saga film breaks the franchise record of $138.1M set by Breaking Dawn Part 1.

I wouldn't trust any number definitively till tomorrow morning. We always see fluctuation when we've got massive grosses like this

Yup.... therefore I am gonna go to sleep now..... at 8AM in the morning. :)Hoping to see something concrete when I wake up.

It has nothing to WOM. If it wasn't as good, then we would have seen some effect upto Thursday. It just doesn't happen that a movie is holding fantastically and then suddenly has an abysmal Friday jump.

I'm not a box office expert so I'm just throwing out a wild theory about the alleged Skyfall drop: Is it possible there is a Twilight effect? When BD1 was released, Immortals was in its 2nd weekend and fell 61.6. For Eclipse, 2012 dropped 59.5 in its second week.There is minor crossover in the audiences, and you don't see the same impact on drops with broad comedies or family films (that I can see). I still assume Skyfall will improve substantially on its 65% drop, but maybe the drop is an anomaly related to Twilight?

the BD2 numbers Niki was given seem to be in right ball park atm,I was thinking earlier 63-65m, going out probably take closer look later

I'd have to assume we see an increase on Saturday (from Friday minus midnights) in that case. Otherwise we're headed for a 120M OW

FRIDAY 5:30 PM, 4TH UPDATE: The worldwide total for Breaking Dawn Part 2 is almost $174M already.My sources have now refined their domestic numbers for Breaking Dawn Part 2 – $60M-$65M for today (which includes that $30.4M from Thursday 10 PM and Friday midnight late shows) and $135M for its opening weekend. It’ll be a squeaker whether or not this final Twilight Saga film breaks the franchise record of $138.1M set by Breaking Dawn Part 1.

So New Moon was erased from history?
  • Like 1

I'm not a box office expert so I'm just throwing out a wild theory about the alleged Skyfall drop: Is it possible there is a Twilight effect? When BD1 was released, Immortals was in its 2nd weekend and fell 61.6. For Eclipse, 2012 dropped 59.5 in its second week.There is minor crossover in the audiences, and you don't see the same impact on drops with broad comedies or family films (that I can see). I still assume Skyfall will improve substantially on its 65% drop, but maybe the drop is an anomaly related to Twilight?

yeah but to have only a 31m would be mean an abysmal Friday increase. Like less than 100%. Even Immortals did that

It might be that BD2 got less showings compared to BD1 because of Skyfall, Lincoln, Ralph, Flight, Argo etc. So despite more sellouts count, the gross is lower.

Definitely. It got something like 300 fewer theatres.

It might be that BD2 got less showings compared to BD1 because of Skyfall, Lincoln, Ralph, Flight, Argo etc. So despite more sellouts count, the gross is lower.

Possible, but that's not the case in my area, as I've always tracked both showtimes and sellouts.

Isn't it TTS: NM?

Wow. With the same daily drops as Part 1, it wouldn't even break $110m with $60m today.