Gopher

Weekend Estimates starting pg 10

Audiences agree with critics more than the other way around. Hundreds of reviews come out on RT for every movie these days that the corroIation with the public is undeniable. I haven't seen KTS yet but I think audiences were pissed off by KTS because it was apparently very different than what was advertised and audiences hate being deceived.

One could argue that they should market it to those who would like it. The Drive audience, for example.Andrew Dominik isn't going to be directing anything if this keeps up.

Having seen Killing Them Softly i can easily understand the F it got from the audience.I didn't hate it but i was disappointed. There were a bunch of people that left long before the movie ended. The main problem is that it has no story. Yes the performances are great, some will like the style (i didn't, i thought it was too much for no reason at all), some will like the message (i found it interesting) but the basic sin is that it's a 30 minutes plot stretched to 90. People talk way too much and the movie just doesn't seem to go anywhere especially the Gadolfini character. I found the movie interesting bvut people around me where pissed.Of course with a 15m budget it will be ok.

Audiences agree with critics more than the other way around. Hundreds of reviews come out on RT for every movie these days that the corroIation with the public is undeniable. I haven't seen KTS yet but I think audiences were pissed off by KTS because it was apparently very different than what was advertised and audiences hate being deceived.

You'd think audiences would like being surprised. Dummies.

Anyone else getting the feeling that Weinstein botched the release/marketing for Silver Linings? This a film that could be a mainstream moneymaker and yet the buzz doesn't seem to be there among general audiences.

Having seen the movie I`d say it`s a tough sell because it jumps from drama to comedy to romantic comedy to sports fans movie,etc. You have a speech about basball and ballroom dance. This is hard to sell. It`s seemingly for everyone but girls were yawning during certain character`s awesome baseball speech. It also asks you to laugh and than instantly stop laughing because something happens that isn`t fun anymore, it`s very serious, and than after the shocker comes something that`s fun and basically there`s tons of stuff that is fun though it really isn`t and you don`t feel comfortable with yourself for finding it funny. Because it tells a story about very serious shit in a funny way. Not mainstream at all.

Ben Fritz@benfritz

"Killing Them Softly" CinemaScore: F.

Retweeted by Ray Subers

Ouch!

Holy Fuck. I expected the film to be divisive for audiences but...wow. Now I'm curious about how it would have done in its original cut (150ish minutes) compared to the theatrical cut (97 minutes).

Still seeing it next weekend.

Holy Fuck. I expected the film to be divisive for audiences but...wow. Now I'm curious about how it would have done in its original cut (150ish minutes) compared to the theatrical cut (97 minutes).Still seeing it next weekend.

This was supposed to be 150 minutes long? I might wait for the Bluray version now. That is 50 minutes more than the theatrical cut!

This was supposed to be 150 minutes long? I might wait for the Bluray version now. That is 50 minutes more than the theatrical cut!

Going into April the film was about 150 minutes long, but shortly before the Cannes Film Festival they shaved about 50 minutes off the running time.http://blogs.indiewi...l-edit-20120425 Edited by 4815162342