7. Wreck-It Ralph (Disney) Week 7 [Runs 2,249]PG

Friday $702K, Saturday $1.5M, Weekend $3.1M, Cume $168.6M

8. Playing For Keeps (Millenium/FilmDistrict) Week 2 [Runs 2,840] PG13

Friday $1.0K, Saturday $1.3M, Weekend $3.0M (-48%), Cume $10.6M

9. Red Dawn (MGM/FilmDistrict) Week 4 [Runs 2,250] PG13

Friday $698K, Saturday $1.1M, Weekend $2.4M, Cume $40.9M

10. Silver Linings Playbook (Weinstein) Week 5 [Runs 371] R

Friday $588K, Saturday $950K, Weekend $2.0M, Cume $16.9M

Its disappointing considering everyone seemed to be claiming it was going to beat DH1's OW which was highly unlikely to me. WOM should be solid. Can't really say TH1 is much of a draw for me. The film felt stretched as much as possible and dragged at plenty of times. I loved the visuals.

Am I the only person on this site to not find an 85m OW disappointing for this? Come on, you all saw the trailers, was there really anything about them that are making people rush to see this right away? No there isn't. Some people over-predict the film then say the film is under-performing when in reality, they just can't predict box office for shit. With an OW of 85m, I'm predicting this finishes with 330-340m, and I expected 350m. Those expecting 450-500m+ just weren't thinking straight.

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 2

Not too awful.. Just rather disappointing..

It's a decent number. If the expectations hadn't been inflated so much, it wouldn't have seemed disappointing. I never understood what 100m+ predictions were based on.

Am I the only person on this site to not find an 85m OW disappointing for this? Come on, you all saw the trailers, was there really anything about them that are making people rush to see this right away? No there isn't. Some people over-predict the film then say the film is under-performing when in reality, they just can't predict box office for shit. With an OW of 85m, I'm predicting this finishes with 330-340m, and I expected 350m. Those expecting 450-500m+ just weren't thinking straight.

You are completely right.

So Saturday came in better than I expected.... not just for TH1, but for other films as well. 70% jump for Skyfall...... sweet!So for TH1:37.5/28.5/19 = 85mNice.... and 275m is locked. 300m+ very likely.

I would say $300m is locked, $350m possible.

I had H1 pegged at 350-400mil dom so an OW >100mil seemed out of the question, even if tracking seemed to put it higher. I hoped I was wrong but with such an OW it would probably fly past 400mil which I thought highly unprobable too. If I take 375 (middle of my range) and a 4x-multiplier (don't see it lower than 4, probably higher), this would mean a 94mil weekend; with a 4.5multiplier: 83mil. So it's about where it's supposed to be, but barely.The real question is how the legs will develop. At my theater this does not perform like an action blockbuster at all, more like a family blockbuster, with Sat the highest day yet (it opened on Wed) and Sunday bigger than Friday. If it continues like this we'll see very weak weekdays and than a minimal drop next weekend.

Hey guys, its been a very long time since I last posted. I've been following this thread and I'am surprised that few people have mentioned the imdb score currently sits on 8.7 and currently sits at 85 in the top 250, its also slowly going up the 250. This should have great WOM. No doubt when the more general viewers come in the imdb score will go down but it already has ~50 thousand votes and should settle soundly above a 8.0.

• Like 1

To me it comes across as either A) shes an idiot or B) shes on WBS PAYROLL. Nowhere in her article does it say that it only broke that December opening weekend record by a few dollars. And that it had 3d to assist it. Beating the December record by about 7 mill is nothing to get excited about. The way she is speaking in her article you think it just made 150 or something like a shatterin of the record

• Like 1

Hey guys, its been a very long time since I last posted. I've been following this thread and I'am surprised that few people have mentioned the imdb score currently sits on 8.7 and currently sits at 85 in the top 250, its also slowly going up the 250. This should have great WOM. No doubt when the more general viewers come in the imdb score will go down but it already has ~50 thousand votes and should settle soundly above a 8.0.

IMDB gives no indication of what the GA think of a movie.