27 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Entertaining disaster movie with a very good performance from Chiwietel Ejiofor. ( the part where he was saying good bye to his dad actually got to me). He really is underrated. Great special effects as well (surprised it wasn't nominated)

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 3

It's so blissfully freaking stupid (and stupid in an enjoyable, almost admirable way rather than the grating way that Michael Bay's movies are stupid), and yet so fun. But it would have been more fun if the ending hadn't been so long and relatively anti-climactic.

B-

• Like 1

it is better than day after tomorrow because the CGI is better. the destruction scenes are amazing. apart from that...lol. i suppose i could save two hours by putting all the money shots onto a 15 minute reel and sticking it on a projector.

D

• Like 1

This certainly gets better with repeat viewings if you can put up with the cheese.Entertaining, awesome special effect (probably the best destruction scenes ever put to film) and John Cusak, what's not to enjoy?B

I remember reviewing this film for journalism in 7th grade back then I would've given it an A now a D because why? Half of the film is really PG-13 I mean its just so stupid and Roland Emmerich seems like he doesn't care anymore the actors are pretty stupid, the script was bad,and just overall a pointless film it seemed that one time someone like Roland Emmerich would actually try to entertain with stuff like Independence Day but this time it didn't work and really the world didn't end last year. So overall a D

• Like 1

this movie could have been if it was an hour shorter. The whole end of the world sequence was fun to watch. But after that movie is a chore to finish. Trying to get China was boring, the movie peaked early on and after the movie just sucks. Characters are forgettable unlike in Independence Day ( I am not even a huge fan of ID but it way better film).

Am I the only one who got really annoyed that for a massive 'End of the World' pic, the world doesn't actually end? Doesn't even come close. It just ends with a massive flood. Really kinda disappointing.