Neo

Geostorm | 10.20.2017 | Dean Devlin directs. Gerard Butler, Andy Garcia. The world ends in IMAX 3D. New even more ridiculous and more awesome trailer on page 25

17 hours ago, DAJK said:

Had to take down the poster for this from our lobby. Wasn't the manager's decision either, apparently he "got an email"

A poster for the film up at the theater where I saw It has vanished, also. Probaably a wise move on Warner's part.

8 hours ago, Macleod said:

GEOSTORM is currently tracking in an East, South Easterly direction at 75mph, but estimates are subject to change based on speed and direction of perception winds.  Beware of blockbuster-level schlock winds, as well as extreme hammy performances; additionally, there is a danger of power outages at the script level.  For safest results, stay indoors and avoid contact with the storm.

And huge collatterial damage on Warner's public image expected from large scale media attacks on a movie studio exploliting Harvey and Irma...and possibly Jose for box office.

5 hours ago, Macleod said:

And Warner Bros. would like to keep it that way...for now.

I think Warners is just as worried about the damage to their corporate image as about the film box office prospects.

Irony is that Time Warner also owns CNN...which is probably getting a huge ratings boost with the storm coverage.

So it will be a good news bad news situation on the Warners Monday Meeting: Very happy over the huge box office for IT but then brough down to earth plotting a damage control strategy for Geostorm.

"Brave the Storm" had got to be the worst timed Movie slogan in film history.

Just now, dudalb said:

I think Warners is just as worried about the damage to their corporate image as about the film box office prospects.

Irony is that Time Warner also owns CNN...which is probably getting a huge ratings boost with the storm coverage.

So it will be a good news bad news situation on the Warners Monday Meeting: Very happy over the huge box office for IT but then brough down to earth plotting a damage control strategy for Geostorm.

"Brave the Storm" had got to be the worst timed Movie slogan in film history.

Geostorm's a dud and WB knows it, a film that's been sitting on the shelf for ages and had to be reshot because of poor test screenings doesn't scream confidence. 

Geostorm first shooting:

Pre-Production/Spend Start Date: 05/01/2014
Pre-Production/Spend End Date: 10/19/2014
Production Start Date: 10/20/2014
Production Wrap Date: 02/14/2015

At that time around 82m budget, I imagine it grew since.

Even if it make a small profit (not for WB) but the producer, the amount of time between the spending and making the money will kill your annual return. And I imagine interest spent on that loan.

20 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Geostorm's a dud and WB knows it, a film that's been sitting on the shelf for ages and had to be reshot because of poor test screenings doesn't scream confidence. 

And now Warners has the damage to it's coporate image to deal with by releasing this film in the wake of two monster storms,complely aside from it's very questionable box office prospects.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2017 at 6:30 PM, NoobSaibot said:

If this film even makes a modest profit for Warner Bros., I will be stunned. The fact this it was filmed in 2014 says everything. It's another Monster Trucks.

Theres one differences between this and Monster Trucks...I want to watch it (sorry I love terrible disaster movies).

This isn't going to even sniff profits though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kowhite said:

Theres one differences between this and Monster Trucks...I want to watch it (sorry I love terrible disaster movies).

This isn't going to even sniff profits though.

It chances of making a profit were never high, but the last two weeks pretty much killed it.