iceroll

Weekend Numbers Jan 25-27 2013 HG 19 Parker 7

Decent for H&G, absolutely expected for the other 2. Statham movies always bring small numbers, but they are damn consistent. I might have considered seeing Parker, but I absolutely loath JLo.

Time for Statham to go DtD. Having JLo for a co-star is really hitting the bottom of the barrell. She`s a reality show personality for crying out loud! Should be doing that wildlife reality show with Dominic Monahan.

Edited by fishnets

Time for Statham to go DtD. Having JLo for a co-star is really hitting the bottom of the barrell. She`s a reality show personality for crying out loud! Should be doing that wildlife reality show with Dominic Monahan.

At this point he might as well be dtd. Though I have to admit I loved The Mechanic.

Parker will make about $50 million WW just like other recent Statham movies. This is a perfectly fine number for someone like him and there is no need for him to make direct-to-DVD movies just yet.  JLo on the other hand is in a world of hurt if this movie cannot do better than other Statham movies.

Anything above about 16 million is geniuenly shocking for Hansel. I felt no buzz for that movie until today, and even then it wasn't very much.  That'd be nice to see that Renner has some pull, but maybe he'll start taking good roles again. About expected for Movie 43. I still don't understand how Jason Statham movies keep getting made.

Parker will make about $50 million WW just like other recent Statham movies. This is a perfectly fine number for someone like him and there is no need for him to make direct-to-DVD movies just yet.  JLo on the other hand is in a world of hurt if this movie cannot do better than other Statham movies.

Statham and JLo are a terrible combo because their fandoms don`t cross over. JLo fans don`t acknowledge Statham movies and Statham fans punch their noses when they see Jlo picture.

Double act movies work only if they are well combined.

Guilt Trip also suffered from ill-suited pairing of Barbra (her fans don`t dig stoner comedies) and Rogen (his stoner fans wouldn`t be caught dead watching Barbra flick).

At this point he might as well be dtd. Though I have to admit I loved The Mechanic.

I always seem to like his first efforts, it's those god awful sequels that suck donkey balls.

The first Transporter and Crank were loads of fun, but what followed was laughably bad, especially Crank 2.

The Mechanic was pretty good, let's just hope they don't make another one.

was about to say wow for hansel but already saw it dropped from thr to nikke estimates.

and come on, movie 43 and parker, you can bomb harder!  

appear to be in a relatively close race with best picture Oscar nominees Zero Dark Thirty and Silver Linings Playbook, with each pacing to gross in the $8 million to $10 million range for the weekend.

No drop for SLP?  :drool:

Edited by JackO
  • Like 2

hallelujahhhhhh , my theatre put up "les miserables" on a screen out of the blue! i am beyond relieved i was about to watch it on my laptop, saved in the nick of time !  I WILL SEE IT ON A BIG SCREEN AFTERALL i'm coming hugh jackman! 

so my friend doesnt want to see les miserables , she's not in mood ,and would prefer something more fun , what would you recommend between ganster squad, arnold film, random bollywood movie, parental guidance and hansel/gretel?

Don't think a no drop for SLP is happening. Probably will drop 20-30% most likely on the lower end. ZDT will drop about 30%. Should be above 10 million do for the weekend. And I just realised that I messed up my BOA predictions cus I was using Superbowl weekend figures and yeah..... Predicted a 1.55 million gap for the SLP ZDT question. The other drop that should be interesting is LM and DU. Django shed a lot of theatres this weekend so LM will probably end up topping it.

hallelujahhhhhh , my theatre put up "les miserables" on a screen out of the blue! i am beyond relieved i was about to watch it on my laptop, saved in the nick of time !  I WILL SEE IT ON A BIG SCREEN AFTERALL i'm coming hugh jackman! 

so my friend doesnt want to see les miserables , she's not in mood ,and would prefer something more fun , what would you recommend between ganster squad, arnold film, random bollywood movie, parental guidance and hansel/gretel?

Random Bollywood movie for the win.

Jason Statham playing Jason Statham in the movie called Jason Statham. 

Seriously, I'm sick of this guy. Don't know why I waste time with his movies anymore. Oh yeah, Jennifer Lopez needs to doing movies as well. She's a shitty actress.