iceroll

Weekend Numbers Jan 25-27 2013 HG 19 Parker 7

Wow, I was devastated when I saw the thread title, only to be simply jubilant after rth's update. Those are the kind of numbers I was looking for!

Thats the spirit

Who?That's gotta be a C or D lister. Only real film nuts know who that is.

Ah but if there is such a thing as region specific listers then I'd put Benedict as an A Lister in the UK (or at least solid B+), everybody knows him.

How would you classify Shah Rukh Khan or Song Kang Ho? They're nobodies in the US put insane draws in their own countries.

Cumberbatch won`t be an A-list. He`s a character actor, not the leading man. The guy`s too creepy for that. But he`ll do great in supporting roles and as the lead in smaller quirky movies like that Wikileaks one.

Internet hypes him way too much.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 3

Ah but if there is such a thing as region specific listers then I'd put Benedict as an A Lister in the UK (or at least solid B+), everybody knows him.How would you classify Shah Rukh Khan or Song Kang Ho? They're nobodies in the US put insane draws in their own countries.

Good point. UK has some huge name artists that are mega celebrities over there but are pretty much unknown in the US. Lily Allen, Cheryl Cole, even Winehouse was pretty much a one hit wonder in the States. Why is it so much harder for them to cross over?

Cumberbatch won`t be an A-list. He`s a character actor, not the leading man. The guy`s too creepy for that. But he`ll do great in supporting roles and as the lead in smaller quirky movies like that Wikileaks one.Internet hypes him way too much.

He was completely outshined by Whishaw in Cloud Atlas IMO. Never seen Sherlock though.

He was completely outshined by Whishaw in Cloud Atlas IMO. Never seen Sherlock though.

Cumberbatch wasn`t in CA. But Whishaw >>>>>>>>>>>>> Cumberbatch.

Cumberbatch is alright. He had a one-two-three punch with geek-friendly properties (Shelock, ST, Floppit) so they naturally hype him like he`s the second coming of Nathan Filion.

I think he`ll be typecast as a villain in the future a lot. Watch for his getting that kind of role in the next Bond.

Edited by fishnets