Neo

Dr. Seuss' The Grinch | Nov. 9 2018

18 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Once again you will have all these grown-ass men fuming when this does a gazillion dollars.

It's gonna be hilarious. Rooting for it, not because I have any interest in ever seeing it (it will be trash) but just because it will piss so many people off over here.

You know, that is a really childish reason for rooting for a film Somebody has a lot of growing up to do,and should not point the finger at other when it comes to being immature.

Frankly, that kind of behavior is called "Trolling" and it is generally frowned upon.

Most of us accept the movie is going make a lot of money;it's just a case of shaking our heads over how people will flock to garbage.

And since it going to make a lot of money anyway, I hope it is such a huge hit that it cuts into the box office for Fantastic Beasts a couple of weeks later.

See? Two can play at that game.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

This is an interesting movie...an animated movie when the animated cartoon is still wildly watched and adored, even decades later.

It's not live action, which would be "different"...and it's opening 1 week after another Christmas classic, The Nutcracker, and 2 weeks before another big animated movie, Ralph Breaks/Wrecks The Internet (It should have been Wrecks:)...

It looks cute, but it's awfully early for a Christmas release...although I guess it does have the advantage of no super to suck away families and the 3 day federal holiday (with Veteran's Day). 

You could tell me this opened to $30M or $90M, and I'd believe you...

As a parent, I am not prebuying, but selectively buying if I see a great deal...the Grinch is in my Top 3 "must watch every year" holiday cartoons, but I don't know that the movie has sold me (at least at full price)...and my kids have not yet pushed, so I can wait.  Now, they also don't want to give me Xmas lists b/c it's too early (and we're watching A Clock with a House in Its Walls for Mischief Night on $2 Tuesday, so they are still hung up on Halloween), so their feelings could quickly change once Nov 1 rolls around...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

This is an interesting movie...an animated movie when the animated cartoon is still wildly watched and adored, even decades later.

It's not live action, which would be "different"...and it's opening 1 week after another Christmas classic, The Nutcracker, and 2 weeks before another big animated movie, Ralph Breaks/Wrecks The Internet (It should have been Wrecks:)...

It looks cute, but it's awfully early for a Christmas release...although I guess it does have the advantage of no super to suck away families and the 3 day federal holiday (with Veteran's Day). 

You could tell me this opened to $30M or $90M, and I'd believe you...

As a parent, I am not prebuying, but selectively buying if I see a great deal...the Grinch is in my Top 3 "must watch every year" holiday cartoons, but I don't know that the movie has sold me (at least at full price)...and my kids have not yet pushed, so I can wait.  Now, they also don't want to give me Xmas lists b/c it's too early (and we're watching A Clock with a House in Its Walls for Mischief Night on $2 Tuesday, so they are still hung up on Halloween), so their feelings could quickly change once Nov 1 rolls around...

I love the original Seusse story, and the original 1965 animated movie is a Holiday favorite, but I am not blowing 12 bucks and two hours of time I will never get back on this.  I was not thrilled with the 2000 Jim Carrey version, and this looks worse.

I wish I had a dime every time I have seen wonderful source material turned into crap because of bad handling.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

You know, that is a really childish reason for rooting for a film Somebody has a lot of growing up to do,and should not point the finger at other when it comes to being immature.

Frankly, that kind of behavior is called "Trolling" and it is generally frowned upon.

Most of us accept the movie is going make a lot of money;it's just a case of shaking our heads over how people will flock to garbage.

And since it going to make a lot of money anyway, I hope it is such a huge hit that it cuts into the box office for Fantastic Beasts a couple of weeks later.

See? Two can play at that game.

Honestly this is such a dumb post I am regreting the seconds spent writing this...

#StayPressed

• Like 1

Yep, the it’s alright but pales to the classic is more or less what I expected. Hopefully it’s better than The Lorax. Apart from Horton Hears a Who!, which was really good, the Seuss adaptations are either garbage or just okay.

Curious to see if Warner Animation’s Cat In The Hat turns out to be good but they’re better off as at most 30 minute special.

• Like 1

Don't really care about reviews for this. Carrey's Grinch is a criminally underrated Christmas classic that I don't understand why no one online/critics seem to like. Literally everyone I know loves that film (or at least everyone who wasn't alive when the original animated special came out).