Neo

Dr. Seuss' The Grinch | Nov. 9 2018

Looks alright, I think the Christopher Robin trailer overshadowed it for me but I still think it'll be huge.

I don't get the story in this one... does he interact with the Who's? I thought he was supposed to be isolated up on Mt Crumpet but they don't seem all that shocked to see him

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Not a single laugh or even a slight smirk.

Secret Life of Pets trailer was killer. Then we found out that was every joke they had and the film was a complete bore aimed at very, very young children. 

SLOP's plot left a lot to be desired, but I can't accuse it of not delivering on the comedic front by and large. Pops wasn't even in the marketing, and his scenes were the best thing of the movie by far. 

I thought it was alright. Nothing ground-breaking, and it seems like it will follow Illumination's "Cute but ultimately disposable" mantra pretty closely. But it could be a lot worse. The original Grinch cartoon is my favorite Christmas special of all time, so I'm not getting my hopes up too high for this, but I'm not writing it off yet either. 

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Secret Life of Pets trailer was killer. Then we found out that was every joke they had and the film was a complete bore aimed at very, very young children. 

Are you sure? Because I remember quite a lot of violence and even some death here and there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Are you sure? Because I remember quite a lot of violence and even some death here and there.

Yeah, never heard someone say SLOP was aimed at very young kids before. If anything, it's one of the most inappropriate G/PG animated films for young kids of this decade. 

42 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

38 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah, never heard someone say SLOP was aimed at very young kids before. If anything, it's one of the most inappropriate G/PG animated films for young kids of this decade. 

Hmm, I thought it was very basic and by the numbers. 

Edit: yeh it was rated a U here in the UK. Which means universal, babies can watch it and there’s nothing upsetting or offensive. 

For example, Moana was a PG lol. 

Edited by Krissykins