Taylor

Weekend Estimates (Identity Thief: $36.6M, Warm Bodies $11.5M, Side Effects: $10M)

I believe both will be quite big. They are already very popular and proved their value. Tatum's Side Effects bombed, but he was barely in the marketing campaign at all and the premise was very dark and didn't helped.

He's also hardly in the film. 15 mins top. His fans wont run for that!

Chris Hemsworth and Tatum both have the same Agent and Management. They must be making bank.

Edited by Dragon

Tatum is already a huge star and Hemsworth is well on his way. I'm very confident about his ascending- Snow White and Red Dawn already started to prove his worth, and women absolutely love him. Cool dude too.  Gosling and JGL are credible actors with female fanbases and crossover appeal, but they just can't seem to pick good (box office wise) projects outside of Crazy, Stupid, Love or TDKR. Jonah Hill is also a candidate for a star from his generation- I know this board hates him, but outside of the Sitter he's done very well for himself. What the generation really needs is a big African-American or Hispanic superstar.  Too bad Michael B Jordan doesn't get more play- he's got all the charisma in the world. 

Gosling doesn`t have crossover appeal. he`s movie buff and critics darling but most people find him smug and off-putting.

JGL is simply overhyped. He lucked out with Inception and TDKR where he wasn`t the main star and  it isn`t like the Looper cracked $100 mio dom and it isn`t like he was the biggest draw in it either (Bruce was bigger). Premium Rush which was his vehicle totally tanked.

Audiences definitely prefer Tatum so far. Hemsworth is getting there.

Maramania is NOT getting there.

Edited by fishnets

Ryan Gosling is too soft and mellow to become a big movie star. 

he`s a vanilla. Eveyrone would agree if he didn`t dazzle them with off-beat projects which creates an illusion of arristic bravery or something. Which is bogus because it isn`t like he`s turning down Spielberg, Scorcese, other huge mainstream name in order to work with Windin Refn or whatever you spell his name. He simply isn`t approached by the biggest league.

he`s a vanilla. Eveyrone would agree if he didn`t dazzle them with off-beat projects which creates an illusion of arristic bravery or something. Which is bogus because it isn`t like he`s turning down Spielberg, Scorcese, other huge mainstream name in order to work with Windin Refn or whatever you spell his name. He simply isn`t approached by the biggest league.

How do you know what projects he's been offered, or discussed with other directors?  

Gosling is the perfect age for a male lead and I think he can get big projects if he wants them. He just doesn't seem interested in any big projects since The Notebook exploded. Right now he appears to be playing the same role (driver) in all of his upcoming movies.

Girls go crazy for Gosling. Nuts. Dude has blogs dedicated to him.  He's charismatic enough to have crossover appeal, too. He just needs another Notebook, not things like Drive or Blue Valentine. Hardy and Pine have potential to be big stars, but they didn't really breakout in 2012 like they were supposed.  Let's see how they do with their big franchises this year, though. 

Tom Hardy is over-rated. I watched "The Warrior" because of the insane internet hype and he was the third best actor in the movie. If not for his association with Nolan, no one would know who he was.

I guess that's just a difference of opinion, then. I thought it was maybe the best performance of 2011. He's the type of quiet, brooding badass who can have screen presence without even saying a word. Very rare these days. I thought he was fantastic in Lawless, TDK, Inception, and Bronson too. 

Girls go crazy for Gosling. Nuts. Dude has blogs dedicated to him.  He's charismatic enough to have crossover appeal, too. He just needs another Notebook, not things like Drive or Blue Valentine. Hardy and Pine have potential to be big stars, but they didn't really breakout in 2012 like they were supposed.  Let's see how they do with their big franchises this year, though. 

It's now or never with Pine between Star Trek and Jack Ryan.