baumer

4 day weekend estimates (Feb 15-18) pg 13

For you and me, yes. Not for a lot of other people though. Tracking was for a $39 million 3-day. It'll be lucky to hit that in five days. Even Fox over-shot it and studios typically low-ball expectations so they don't look bad.

Outside of sheer guessing, this was anything but an "expected" opening in the general sense of the industry. If it weren't for the potential of international markets, this would be a massive bomb. It's under-performing against John Carter and Battleship!

Difference here is the budget.

AGDTDH 92 mill

JC and BS 200-250 mill 

It will make the same gross WW

• Like 1

Melissa McCarthy on his 2nd weekend is going to beat Bruce Willis and Nicholas Sparks :rofl:

And she should. Bruce is making a fine transition to character actor with Moonrise Kingdom and Looper so he really doesn`t need this star shit tired franchise milking anymore.

• Like 2

I dont know wtf Bruce Willis is doing with his career. He's in inventive stuff like Moonrise Kingdom and Looper, but then he does Die Hard 5 and lots of dtv-bullshit.

Do u know how much he got paid for DH5?  Anyone would do it for that gobsmack of money.

I dont know wtf Bruce Willis is doing with his career. He's in inventive stuff like Moonrise Kingdom and Looper, but then he does Die Hard 5 and lots of dtv-bullshit.

The funny thing is Arnold and Stallone would kill for Bruce's recent career, warts and all.

• Like 1

Melissa McCarthy on his 2nd weekend is going to beat Bruce Willis and Nicholas Sparks :rofl:

:worthy:Melissa McCarthy is a MOVIE STAR. I'm still shocked about. The Heat is poised to make bank as well- considering its release date and continued goodwill from BM and IT plus Bullock's return, I'm convinced it'll hit at least 100m

I enjoyed Die Hard 5 more than most people, but that number pretty much just sucks. It'll still make a profit WW, but after Taken 2, it just looks kinda pathetic. 

But holy hot damn for IT, that's incredible. And judging by the reception the trailer for the Heat got during Die Hard, that movie is going to break out too. McCarthy's huge. 

• Like 1

Liam Neeson must be laughing at this with his friends. His original action movies are doing well at the box office (Unknown, The Grey) while is main franchise is a beast (Taken). 

Stallone, Arnold and Statham are finished, and Bruce's Die Hard is dead (lucky for him, he has RED 2, which is a different type of action franchise, and he is doing well in Looper/MK type of stuff). DH5 won't touch Taken 2 WW.

Edited by CJohn

Liam Neeson must be laughing at this with his friends. His original action movies are doing well at the box office (Unknown, The Grey) while is main franchise is a beast (Taken). 

Stallone, Arnold and Statham are finished, and Bruce's Die Hard is dead (lucky for him, he has RED 2, which is a different type of action franchise, and he is doing well in Looper/MK type of stuff). DH5 won't touch Taken 2 WW.

Expendables 2 did $300M.

• Like 1