baumer

4 day weekend estimates (Feb 15-18) pg 13

Holdovers did very well. Warm Bodies is down 20%, SLP is down 10%, ZDT is down 30% despite losing half its screens, Argo and Lincoln are down 13%, Django is down 34%. Life of Pi is down 9% and for its 14th weekend of release its PTA has been amazingly strong. Just look at these drops- http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=lifeofpi.htm

Holdovers are doing really well I think despite the theater losses. SLP lost 22% of its Theaters while H&G, ZDT, and Mama lost over 35%

Wow Identity Thief! Yay Melissa! I do hope The Heat will have better critical reception though so that the goodwill she still has from the audience and some critics (most negative reviews still notes that she is likable and somehow elevates the bad material) will not be wasted.

And SLP will cross 100 million before the Oscars! Great! I was underwhelmed with its first wide weekend box office but then it had great holds the succeeding weeks so yeah Harvey clearly knew what he was doing with SLP.  It will likely get a major boost after the Oscars as well.

Edited by forg
  • Like 1

LOL.  Until recently, I didn't even know who Liam Neeson was.  Sure he's finally getting some spotlight as a leading man, but he's nowhere near the legendary status of people like Stallone and Schwarznegger.  Just because they are not as relevant now, doesn't mean that you can erase the past and the tons of decades where they were on top as leading men.  I tell you, some of the youngsters today have no respect.  Shame.  As for Satham, I don't even know why you are putting him with Stallone and Schwarzengger in the first place.  Ugh, anyways...

:huh:  :blink:

• Like 1

Oh and for sure about giving a Monique performance. I think she could kill it in a mean/nasty role.Another thing to note is she played it totally straight on her Tv show and she sucks on that. But at least she switches it up.

Mike & Molly is really bland but inoffensive though (yeah there are fat jokes but it's not mean spirited). She does not shine on that show that much and she totally won that Emmy because of Bridesmaids goodwill. But whenever that show has dramatic/emotional moments, Melissa pulls it off (especially the episodes leading to their wedding last season)

4. Escape From Planet Earth (Weinstein) NEW [Runs 3,288] PGFriday $3.6M4-Day Holiday $21.0M

5. Warm Bodies (Summit/Lionsgate) Week 3 [Runs 2,897] PG13Thursday $2.5M, Friday $2.7M4-Day Holiday $10.5M, Cume $51.7M

10. Mama (Universal) Week 5 [Runs 1,648] PG13Thursday $725K, Friday $700K4-Day Weekend $3.0M, Cume $68.5M

Escape from Planet Earth did fine and that was barely promoted right? The family audience is really starved for something to watch. Oz and Croods should do well next month

Warm Bodies is having a quiet but solid run and Mama did really well

saw DH5. I thought it was fairly entertaining. Good action sequences overall and I thought the story was decent. Personally, I was actually surprised by the little twist near the end.

However, I'm getting tired of all this shaky cam crap going on with some of these action movies. They even used it during scenes when they were just standing around talking. Ugh. I also don't like when they give the screen a grainy look. That's just stupid.

I can't remember who of you asked, but i just read that DH5 and Safe Haven cimemascores were both B+

This is the puzzling thing for me. Last I looked it's audience score at RT was low 80's.

I never bought the studio's 5 day $50m predict but did expect $40m. 

I saw it, again, at the 1:40pm matinee which was about 1/2 full and the crowd laughed at 4-5 intentional McClane one-liners.

Got the OOOHH when the helicopter rotor moment happened at the end. These things confirm people are liking it. I clearly think WOM isn't killing it so it must be either competition SH and IT and/or critic reviews.

LOL.  Until recently, I didn't even know who Liam Neeson was.  Sure he's finally getting some spotlight as a leading man, but he's nowhere near the legendary status of people like Stallone and Schwarznegger.  Just because they are not as relevant now, doesn't mean that you can erase the past and the tons of decades where they were on top as leading men.  I tell you, some of the youngsters today have no respect.  Shame.  As for Satham, I don't even know why you are putting him with Stallone and Schwarzengger in the first place.  Ugh, anyways...

Time for you to listen to this 10 times in a row :P

• Like 4