baumer

4 day weekend estimates (Feb 15-18) pg 13

Liam Neeson's The Grey did $51m and somebody named that a hit... That movie SUCKED big time and bomb at the BO making just $77m WW. So no, it wasn't a hit.

Taken 2. Alright. Many people masturbating with its gross. It was fantastic. However, i would like to see how much could gross Taken 5, 25 years later the first one. Sorry, my bad, Neeson would be dead at that point.

AGDTDH is not doing as good as it should, and for sure, the movie sucks. Fine. What's the problem? You are wrong if you think this is going to be the end of Willis career, because he never rely entirely on blockbusters to build his career.

When Die Hard With A Vengeance was the Top Grossing Film WW in 1995, he made Twelve Monkeys. 

Again, after Armageddon (another Top Grossing film worldwide, in 1998) he didn't rely on that, and made The Sixth Sense.

Last year he did Looper and Moonrise Kingdom. 

So, is far, far away from finished.

And all the Melissa McCarthy is movie star is a joke. Let's talk about her in 10 years, alright? I wanna see how she does.

Nothing against her, just a reality. She was a supporting cast in a blockbuster, great. Now is doing fine, in a little movie. Great! What  else? That's a movie star? Is that easy? Please.

• Like 1

I hope it can do well. Action films are getting unfairly picked at...they are a lot better then those "generic supernatrual horror" films ;)

I think it's the type of action films.  GA tastes change and the type of movies that Sly and Arnold are used to making are just not popular right now.  It'll probably come back in the future someday but right now movies like TLS and BttH, which I like BTW, just won't do well.

Liam Neeson's The Grey did $51m and somebody named that a hit... That movie SUCKED big time and bomb at the BO making just $77m WW. So no, it wasn't a hit.

The Grey had a $25 mil budget. It was a hit for the studio and had a positive reception. It's more opinion to tell whats a hit with audiences. Zombieland made about $77M but I hear about it every other week. I'd even call Chronicle a hit based on early predictions, and it was a good movie. A movie doesnt have to cross $100m to be a hit.

saw DH5. I thought it was fairly entertaining. Good action sequences overall and I thought the story was decent. Personally, I was actually surprised by the little twist near the end.

However, I'm getting tired of all this shaky cam crap going on with some of these action movies. They even used it during scenes when they were just standing around talking. Ugh. I also don't like when they give the screen a grainy look. That's just stupid.

Ha ha. Noticed the cam thing too. Wasn't it used in AVATAR and THE AVENGERS too?

Finsihing with a bit over double your production cost at the domestic box office is most certainly a hit.

The gross doesn't matter, the gross compared to the investment does.