Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

So basically...

Margaery did it?

No. Your first instinct is more correct. In the book

We know Olenna is involved, but it is unclear if Margaery was. The show has close to that same ambiguity from Episode 2. I don't know if later episodes may revise that.

By the way, the Stannis fans (like myself) are rightfully peeved about what they did this episode. In the book, Stannis burns his wife's relative because he committed treason by going behind his back to try and make peace with the Lannisters (So when Melisandre wants to burn people in a sacrifice he's like "fine, take this guy who's going to die anyway"). But in the episode he kinda just indifferently watches while his wife and Melisandre burn the relative for simply not believing in the Lord of Light.

Edited by Numbers of House Stark
  • Like 2

I hate those f@ckers, showcreators. How can they ruin Stannis like that? Pricks.

And before anyone says "But Martin wrote the episode!" the Dragonstone scenes were written to be used in Episode 1 but then got pushed back to this episode.

No.  She may possibly have been aware of the plot, but she did not do the poisoning.  Since you seem to want to be spoiled, Olenna was the one who placed the poison jewel (from Sansa's necklace) in the cup.  However, as Numbers said, there is another player (as far as the planning goes) that shall be revealed.

No. Your first instinct is more correct. In the book

We know Olenna is involved, but it is unclear if Margaery was. The show has close to that same ambiguity from Episode 2. I don't know if later episodes may revise that.

By the way, the Stannis fans (like myself) are rightfully peeved about what they did this episode. In the book, Stannis burns his wife's relative because he committed treason by going behind his back to try and make peace with the Lannisters (So when Melisandre wants to burn people in a sacrifice he's like "fine, take this guy who's going to die anyway"). But in the episode he kinda just indifferently watches while his wife and Melisandre burn the relative for simply not believing in the Lord of Light.

Ah ok but...

Would you say the other person is the "truely" the person that killed joffery?

The show hasn't done him justice at all so far other than a handful of good scenes.

They did at least make him a bad ass in the show's version of Blackwater. First man on the ladder to take King's Landing and he was wrecking those City Watch guys once he made it on the wall. But yeah as a whole HBO has basically made it seem like Stannis is just Melisandre's puppet and while she does exert a good amount of influence on him in the the books he is still clearly the one wearing the pants in the relationship.

Ah ok but...

Not sure what you mean by that.

The person who "truly" killed Joffrey is the one who did the deed after the planning was done. The book and show both imply that Olenna is the one who slipped the poison into Joffrey's wine. Other people were involved in the setup, though as you will learn, one of those people does have an alternative agenda.

Crap crap crap ...I got spoiled on twitter, I had forgotten I followed that darn red wedding account I wasn't expecting it so I started reading the tweet and read enough to know smtg big happen last night , I immediately unfollowed it until I'm up to speedAlas I'm watching s03e05 now , getting there !Ps: I'm such a sucker for arya and gendry , that was great acting by that girl ,I OTP them even if its kinda wrong coz she's a baby!I really hope I can squeeze in the last 5 today

Aw I'm sorry, I got a lot of things spoiled for me too while I was trying to finish the books, it really sucks!

Yes, I already know Margaery and Olenna are responsible, but the back of Sansa's head takes up a good third of that image and I wanted to make a cheap joke.

Funny you say that though.

Because if I remember correctly, in the book, the poision jewles are actually hidden in string of beads tied throghout Sansa's hair. So not a bad guess!

^Ellaria looks like a gorgeous alien queen goddess.

Ah ok but...

No, as Numbers said, Olenna slipped the poison jewel into the wine so that would make her the murderess. But there was somebody else who helped smuggle in the jewel for her through Sansa's necklace. As for Margaery, it was never revealed whether she was actively involved or even in the know about the scheme, but that's done on purpose to maintain the deceptive and ambiguous nature of the character.

Just like last year book readers recorded their buddy non-book readers to catch their reaction, they did not disappoint...

Lol this show has made the world so morbid.  :rofl: @ lady who's all "Noooooo, it happened too fast! I wanted it to be slow and painful.. over years!"

• Like 1