Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

16 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Logic aside, that Cersei/Tyrion meeting was wonderful and a reminder of why (I think) we all fell in love with the show in the first place. Glad to see Dinklage given something to work with again.

That is how I felt about that scene and the Jamie/Cersei scene. And to a smaller extent Theon/Jon.

54 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Logic aside, that Cersei/Tyrion meeting was wonderful and a reminder of why (I think) we all fell in love with the show in the first place. Glad to see Dinklage given something to work with again.

I’ve really missed Cersei and Tyrion’s passive aggressive late night wine talks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ddddeeee said:

Kit only started getting praise when he become the one-note good guy who always does the right thing. When he actually had to deal with his insecurities in the previous seasons he flopped like a fish. They're writing to the actor's strengths nowadays which is why Kit's essentially been saying the same line on repeat.

Emilia is worse because she is actually given material to work with and messes it up. Whenever she's angry it's like a head girl going off on one.

Name an example or more of her truly messing up her acting.

Also, let me tell you: that head girl comparison makes a lot more sense than you think considering that the character of Dany is at best in her early twenties, and she started the show for all intents and purposes as a teenager. And she still behaves like a teen/young adult that was basically thrust into power and had to grow into a strong (if impulsive) character. So that head girl "insult" actually clicks pretty well, wheater that's intentional or not.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Well, that's settled now. The Dink explains Angry Tyrion:

https://www.yahoo.com/style/peter-dinklage-confirms-tyrion-love-144007699.html

yep, Sir Friendzone Syndrome strikes again. 

Tbh I'd much rather see him (or Eternal Strong Lady Lyanna's friendzoned cousin) with Dany than Jonerys. Even though I like both of them, I couldn't care less for their romance :rofl:

16 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Tbh I'd much rather see him (or Eternal Strong Lady Lyanna's friendzoned cousin) with Dany than Jonerys. Even though I like both of them, I couldn't care less for their romance :rofl:

It's hilarious that Jon succeeded where Jon-nah failed. Nah, geddit? :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Thanks. I thought they come out the next day (today) but tomorrow's fine. Hoping for the record. 

12.1 million live viewers according to HBO. A record, indeed.

Sunday cable ratings always come out on Tuesday mornings unless the network decides to release them themselves.

• Like 1

It was a really great episode centered mostly around great conversations and I loved how the pace pretty much slowed down even if it was by far the longest episode of the season. About the season in general I agree with whoever made the Breaking Bad comparison. This season like the Breaking Bad 5.a season had many great and memorable moments  but it felt at many times that the writers are sweating to fit everyone into place for the endgame. I disagree about the "bad" editing of the boat scene though,

Spoiler

I think the cross-cutting of John's parentage scene and THE SEX was def intentionally awkward. It almost felt a little meta like they writers saying to us "HERE pervs, that's what you want"

If I have one serious gripe with the season it's the Winterfell spin-off. It had some nice moments and I enjoyed seeing Littlefinger running out of lies to hide behind but it felt so obvious from the get go to the point that all the "drama" between the Stark sisters was just a smokescreen and everyone expected it to be. I didn't know exactly how it will happen, but you could tell this will end with Arya killing Baelish with his own dagger from the moment he gave it to Bran 4 episodes ago.

Things I want from season 8 in order of importance

Spoiler

1. Someone really needs to start digging at eastwatch because Tormund CAN'T be dead.

2.Incest:the morning after.

3.The Whitewalkers arc to end by episode 3 and the whole story to conclude like it started with petty human rivalries.

4.Arya reuniting with the Hound, he'll be so proud.

5.Cersei wreaking havoc on the way out.

6.GHOST?

7.Jon Snow's death and ressurection actually having some bearing in the endgame because it can't be just "he died, so technically he can leave the Night's Watch without breaking his vows". That's so lame.

8.Experienced battle commander Robin Arryn stepping up his game now that uncle Petyr isn't around.

Edited by Joel M