Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

i just realized been a while since i came to check this thread , its exactly the kind of comments i expected lol

someone on tumblr wrote a very interesting piece about how if dany was a man many of the criticism toward her wouldn't happen and because she's a woman people expect her to behave a certain way when in contrast with male characters doing same shit or similar they get a pass .

its a terrible thing as a girl to realise how insidious this approach to women is , and if she dares strays ay caray ouch ouch...

anyhoo last episode until a long long time and i guess i'll reread the books in between season 

Another cool thing about Bran = NK

Think about all of the characters that have heroically died to save him.  Back at Winterfell Maester Luwin, Osha (to an extent), Jojen Reed, Summer, Leaf, Old Three Eyed Raven and Hodor.  Meanwhile, many other characters sacrificed a lot to help him out, in particular Meera.

Normally all of the side characters heroically die to save the hero, the Frodo of the story.  But little did they all know that Frodo actually becomes Sauron.  

And off of that note, given how many of Tolkien's literary decisions inspired GRRM (only he twisted a lot of the fantasy tropes Tolkien started) it'd make sense that Bran is the Frodo character, only he's playing the situation as "What if the Ring successfully corrupted Frodo" in a way.

There's so many cool thematic points if Bran = NK actually happens.

Edited by A Panda of Ice and Fire

On 17/08/2017 at 8:01 PM, FantasticBeasts said:

I just wanted to ask; am I the only one who fucking hates Sansa? The more I think about her, the more I hate her. She was awful for the first 5 seasons, then she started evolving a bit but she still remains a weak bitch to my eyes. She is sooo horrible that they must be keeping her for a thing and lately I am afraid seeing some of the theories...

I don't hate her but I resent her shadiness which she has picked up from rubbing so long aside littlefinger and I know she wants to bang him nevermind her going about he's not to be trusted .

Also her not supporting jon fully or showing as much fierce loyalty as arya has in the little space of time since she heard her brother was alive and KITN .

To make it worse those shipping jonsa (sansa with jon) make me like her even less , in the battle of incest vs incest I prefer the one where the people involved don't know their related and didn't grow up having a familial bond of brother and sister no matter how they got along that would normally stunt any desire feeling . I say NORMALLY because we do have cersei and jaime who are special kind of worm can , those two were so in your face that years later in comparison jon and dany seem rather normal.

3 hours ago, damnitgeorge08 said:
  Hide contents

Next episode, it will be revealed that Little Finger was Arya wearing his face. She was testing Sansa. Sansa will take off her face to reveal she was Jaqen testing Arya. Arya will then take off her face to reveal it was Jaqen testing himself all along.

Damn, that sounds awesome!:)

GoT soundtrack releases today digitally.

Track listing in tags just to condense the post:

Spoiler

1.  Main Title
  2. Dragonstone
  3. Shall We Begin?
  4. The Queen’s Justice
  5. A Game I Like to Play
  6. I Am the Storm
  7. The Gift
  8. Dragonglass
  9. Spoils of War, Pt. 1
  10. Spoils of War, Pt. 2
  11. The Dagger
  12. Home
  13. Gorgeous Beasts
  14. The Long Farewell
  15. Against All Odds
  16. See You for What You Are
  17. Casterly Rock
  18. A Lion’s Legacy
  19. Message for Cersei
  20. Ironborn
  21. No One Walks Away from Me
  22. Truth
  23. The Army of the Dead
  24. Winter Is Here

Edited by 4815162342
    • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

GoT soundtrack releases today digitally.

Track listing in tags just to condense the post:

Hide contents

1.  Main Title
    2. Dragonstone
    3. Shall We Begin?
    4. The Queen’s Justice
    5. A Game I Like to Play
    6. I Am the Storm
    7. The Gift
    8. Dragonglass
    9. Spoils of War, Pt. 1
    10. Spoils of War, Pt. 2
    11. The Dagger
    12. Home
    13. Gorgeous Beasts
    14. The Long Farewell
    15. Against All Odds
    16. See You for What You Are
    17. Casterly Rock
    18. A Lion’s Legacy
    19. Message for Cersei
    20. Ironborn
    21. No One Walks Away from Me
    22. Truth
    23. The Army of the Dead
    24. Winter Is Here

Downloaded the album on Spotify this morning and listened to some of these on the train today.

Spoiler

I like Truth. Judging by the name I'd imagine it has something to do with Jon's parentage.

Edited by aabattery

Based on listening to the music:

Spoiler

No One Walks Away From Me is definitely a Cersei track, the last 40 seconds brings forward her musical theme.

Truth has Stark-esque string notes all over the place so it's definitely gonna be the Jon parentage reveal, especially with the final crescendo of notes accentuating whatever will be onscreen.

Think Army of the Dead will be when the Night King et al go full ham on the Wall.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Based on listening to the music:

Hide contents

No One Walks Away From Me is definitely a Cersei track, the last 40 seconds brings forward her musical theme.

Truth has Stark-esque string notes all over the place so it's definitely gonna be the Jon parentage reveal, especially with the final crescendo of notes accentuating whatever will be onscreen.

Think Army of the Dead will be when the Night King et al go full ham on the Wall.

Spoiler

Truth is very similar to the music they've had in a lot of the Dany/Jon scenes as well. Maybe that's gonna be their go-to Starkgaryen theme or something.