Gopher

MTV Awards apparently aren't a joke anymore

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mtv-movie-awards-nominations-announced-426169#Ted, Django Unchained, Silver Linings Playbook, Avengers, TDKR, Skyfall, and Perks all lead nominationsIronic that they stop gushing over Twilight when BD2 was actually the best one, but I don't have a bone to pick with the new face of these awards.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mtv-movie-awards-nominations-announced-426169#Ted, Django Unchained, Silver Linings Playbook, Avengers, TDKR, Skyfall, and Perks all lead nominationsIronic that they stop gushing over Twilight when BD2 was actually the best one, but I don't have a bone to pick with the new face of these awards.

Basically the blockbuster awards.

It is very sad that MTV is giving TDKR and Avengers more respect then the Oscars.

(Kids choice awards are pretty good for movies also this year...)

I disagree

TDKR and Avengers each should had 2 or 1 Oscar nomination. I loved TDKR but this year was really tough year.

No, they are still a joke. If they want to be taken seriously they should move them to the real awards season. May/June frame is great if you are going for blockbuster type flicks. Who is going to give a shit about Django Unchained in May/June 2013?

It is very sad that MTV is giving TDKR and Avengers more respect then the Oscars.(Kids choice awards are pretty good for movies also this year...)

Academy gave Avengers what it deserved. DKR should've gotten 1 nom though. Sound editing.

well we all know in the end the films that general audiences liked the most in 2013 were Skyfall, TA and TDKR...

People liked Argo and Django but those 3 films are the ones that entertained 100's of millions

Well luckily this isn't based entirely on who saw what the most.Chastain nominated for Best Oh S**T moment in Zero Dark Thirty made me laugh out loud. I actually have no idea what scene they would pick for that one.

Edited by Gopher

Well luckily this isn't based entirely on who saw what the most.Chastain nominated for Best Oh S**T moment in Zero Dark Thirty made me laugh out loud. I actually have no idea what scene they would pick for that one.

Isn't it "scared as shit" performance? Still doesn't make sense.

I don`t get it how`s Jess in ZDT a "scared asshit" perforemnce. She wasn`t sacred, she was deremined. Also, Freeman wa shardly scared asshit as well. I guess they just felt they had to throw a bone to those movies and put them in WTF ctageories.

Great shout to Leo&SLJ as one of 5 onscreen duos. They won`t win but it`s greta to see that awesomeness is recognized. They should work together more.

Happy for Foxx nom because he was ridiculously underrated with major awards.

Abrupt end of Twilight domination must have to do with the Razzie sweep.

May Lautner lose Shirtless Performence. If there` s justice, Channing will win for MM.

Overall. this was shockingly good surprise.

I`m enjoying the war on ew.com. Anti-Twi brigade is finally vindicated and they aren`t pulling any punches. My fave comments:

In response to MTV Snubs BD2 title - "You can`t snub something that sucks." :rofl:

When a twitard tried to explain that bella and Edward kiss should have been nominated, someone retorted:"Go hug your Edward cut out." OMG! :wub:

Edited by fishnets

whatever, i'm actually glad mtv has "snubbed" twilight, i can't imagine any of the actors feeling sorry over lack of nomination by this joke of an award, as it was over the years they could hardly hide how ridiculous they themselves thought it was...,only people who don't bother to know them would think they cared one way or the other!

i'm beyond thrilled twilight is over for the actors sake  i'm not so sure the haters are ready to let go of their favourite punching ball thoughh, when you put so much energy into hating something it must be hard letting go!

the actors must be beyond relieved not having to deal with the over-exposure anymore!

the last time i watched mtv movie or music awards was in 1999! when there was still the show TRL hosted by carson daly! wow i feel old lolll