Tropic Thunder  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

That's really one of the best comedies of the last decades - maybe not Top10-material for my lonely island but ranks very high on my list. The fun starts with the fake trailers and doesn't sag off anywhere. My absolute favourite here is Tom Cruise, he stands out among the others - I also liked him very much in Magnolia, nobody plays an asshole quite the way he does. Seriously, I don't get why they're still giving him hero characters to play when he's so much better here. Honorable mention goes to Ben Stiller, usually I'm not too fond of him but in "Tropic Thunder" and "Something About Mary" he's perfect.

I dunno, its just never as funny as it should be. Robert Downey Jr. and Tom Cruise are fucking hilarious, but the rest ranges from "heh" worthy to just boring. There aren't many big laughs outside the actors I mentioned. I hate how they wasted Jack Black in this movie, they just gave him nothing memorable or interesting to do. I also am disappointed that it decides to turn into a straight-up action movie after such a clever beginning. I would have loved to see more Hollywood satire.

2,5/5

It is such a shame that RDJ has stopped doing risky roles. He is a really talented actor who deserves better than just being Iron Man and a bastardized version of Sherlock Holmes.

I agree. I think hes a really talented actor, and I'm a fan of him for his great real life personality first of all so I'm kinda thankful that the role of Tony Stark/IM brought success to the guy from the hellhole that he dug himself in back then. And IM is my favorite comic character so I'm more than happy about his portrayal as well. However, seeing him in roles like this make me wish he gets out if his comfort zone more. The guy definitely would get an Oscar if he sets out to do so IMO. Now is the perfect time to do that too