baumer

Breaking Dawn does 30.25 mill at midnights!!!

I loved the movie, I must say that the fans are going to flock to this, it's the best of the franchise IMO.

I'm pretty sure fans will flock regardless of whether or not it is a "good" movie. Impressive number, but I don't think DH will be in much danger come November. I don't think twilight numbers will get the same kind of boost HP got for being the last movie.

I think slight under 300 mil for this film. It seems to have TOXIC Wom, and it will be even more front-loaded due to it being the final film in the Twilight series.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news for you but it isn't the final film. The part one should have given it away. ;) Edited by 75live

I think slight under 300 mil for this film. It seems to have TOXIC Wom, and it will be even more front-loaded due to it being the final film in the Twilight series.

Toxic word of mouth? Its day one! :rolleyes:WOM can't be attested to the movie until the Monday drop or the next weekend drop.

Toxic word of mouth? Everyone I know who's actually seen the movie, has liked it - most fans loved it. Now certain critics, who have always hated Twilight and sat down to watch the movie expecting to hate it - wow guess what, they hated it. That was entirely predictable, what wasn't predictable was the overwhelmingly positive fan reaction. Among all the Twilight fans I know, this is the only movie they all loved.

Toxic word of mouth? Everyone I know who's actually seen the movie, has liked it - most fans loved it. Now certain critics, who have always hated Twilight and sat down to watch the movie expecting to hate it - wow guess what, they hated it. That was entirely predictable, what wasn't predictable was the overwhelmingly positive fan reaction. Among all the Twilight fans I know, this is the only movie they all loved.

I think this is the way it usually plays out with Twilight. I remember when Eclipse came out, the reviews were mediocre but the fans really loved it. The bad reviews will never affect a Twilight movie and their fans reactions to it.

How is the reception of this one compared to the other movies?

From what I'm seeing...it's better. The critics (and men) really liked Eclipse a lot. The fans were mixed on it.This one definitely has its "WTF" moments (and the fans acknowledge that because the book was so bizarre), but the fans think they got the romance right--and in the end, that's what matters with this series.

How is the reception of this one compared to the other movies?

I didn't care for the book, but I just saw it and loved it. (Second fav behind Twilight) It's definitely a return to what the fans loved about Twilight: More Edward and Bella and it just felt more emotional and character driven.Bill Condon should be given a lot of credit for taking some really difficult and strange book material and making it work on screen.I definitely want to see it again, and that's something I didn't feel walking out of New Moon or Eclipse.