RyneOh1040

Weekend #s WKND BO: #42 $27.3M, #ScaryMovie5 $15.2M, Croods $13.2M GIJoe2 $10.8M

42 - 18-21 Million.

Scary Movie 5 - 11-12 million.

Ouch for Scary Movie but not surprised.  Marketing was atrocious.  Have a feeling 42 will open on the higher end, above 20.  The urban market seems to be flocking to this judging from Twitter.

Edited by RyneOh1040

I thought the link said Yahoo and was about to say "Since when is that giving early reports" :P :lol:Anyway-nice for 42.And the curse of the part 5 continues. As I said about Fast 5-it didn't have the curse as it is the only part 5 in history to be the highest grossing of a franchise. Usually part 5 is the lowest grossing AND the worse reviewed.

I may be the only person on the board who thinks this, but those numbers for 42 are actually a bit disappointing. They aren't bad, of course, but with the stellar marketing, the good reviews, and the multi-quadrant appeal, I thought it could break out to over 25 million. 

Wow... 11-12 Million. Even for a Scary Movie ... movie... it's kinda low. This is probably the last one we'll ever see. The studio is going to lose shit tons of money on this movie.

Scary movie 4 had a 40M+ budget...

It managed to cut down from 40M budget from Scary Movie 4.

It has a $20M budget... It'll cut even with OS. I don't know how much they put into marketing - if they put any.

I may be the only person on the board who thinks this, but those numbers for 42 are actually a bit disappointing. They aren't bad, of course, but with the stellar marketing, the good reviews, and the multi-quadrant appeal, I thought it could break out to over 25 million. 

Just a couple of weeks ago, people were pegging it at around $15m OW. So it's over performing slightly compared to earlier expectations, and about as expected compared to what people were predicting now.

• Like 1

It might have good legs.

I never thought I say this-thanks to the creators of Epic movie since while you did kill the spoof...you finally caused SM to die which should of died well 4 films ago.

• Like 2