RyneOh1040

Weekend #s WKND BO: #42 $27.3M, #ScaryMovie5 $15.2M, Croods $13.2M GIJoe2 $10.8M

I would LOVE to see a so-called black film that is not about slavery or racism, that doesn't feature the "magic negro" trope, that is not seen through the eyes of a white protagonist, or that doesn't need a major white star to "guarantee that white audiences go see it," and still becomes a major, major hit across all demos. I'm not taling 70-80 million dollar hit, I mean 200 million dollar hit. And no, Movies starring Will Smith or Denzel are not perceived as "black" movies.

Add up all the Tyler Perry Madea movies and that's $200m+...and since they're pretty much all the same there's your one big hit!

The fact is Hollywood makes movies for a general target audience. So most movies will always follow a set blueprint. The only white guilt film I despised from the last 10 years (actually 2 if you add Australia to the list) is The Blind Side. How the fuck Sandra Bullock won a academy award for that piece of shit I will never know.

• Like 1

I would LOVE to see a so-called black film that is not about slavery or racism, that doesn't feature the "magic negro" trope, that is not seen through the eyes of a white protagonist, or that doesn't need a major white star to "guarantee that white audiences go see it," and still becomes a major, major hit across all demos. I'm not taling 70-80 million dollar hit, I mean 200 million dollar hit. And no, Movies starring Will Smith or Denzel are not perceived as "black" movies.

I'm not sure how a film could possibly pass this test, a film will either include this stuff, and if it won't, it will not be considered black.

Why would you see it in the first place?

My friends were very excited to see it and they invited me. When the best scene of your movie are

vacuum cleaners partying hard, consuming drugs and having sex

, you know your movie has huge problems. I did laugh a lot in that scene.

Edited by CJohn

OMG COCHO`s BACK! BKB`S BACK! ALL THE GREATS ARE BACK TODAY!!!! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Ok, back to your post, white stars are global stars because they play color-blind roles. Will and Denzel are global stars because they play color blind roles too. The key to global satrdom is color-blindness not ghettoisation that is alien to others. For example, you won`t have a major star of Asian origin as long as Buddist proganda litters every Asian character especially in martial arts movies where all of them have to do lotus sitting and inscented candle-lighting shit. I don`t know a single Buddist Asian in Canada. They are all Christian, mostly Catholic, who move to the West because Buddists and Commies treat them real nice over there.  

Edited by fishnets

A+ and 9.1 for 42! Happy for Bosman, Ford, Hedgeland, and WB - who bombed with 6 in a rox, excluding Hobbit. Btw, 6 in a row, that's pretty dismal, but no one at WB seems concerned? If that was Disney, the Prezzy would've been out after the 3rd.

A+ and 9.1 for 42! Happy for Bosman, Ford, Hedgeland, and WB - who bombed with 6 in a rox, excluding Hobbit. Btw, 6 in a row, that's pretty dismal, but no one at WB seems concerned? If that was Disney, the Prezzy would've been out after the 3rd.

They have too much money to spare?  :D Or they love watching movies crash and burn at box office cause it's fun? It is fun though, for posters here sometimes at least  :P

Did you see any of the trailers for Scary Movie 5?

Yeah, I did. I wasn't planning seeing this one in theaters, but like I said, my friends were very excited (and they loved it) to see it and invited me. I decided to go. My mistake.