RyneOh1040

Weekend #s WKND BO: #42 $27.3M, #ScaryMovie5 $15.2M, Croods $13.2M GIJoe2 $10.8M

Know I'm late to the game but since i have MoviePass I usually see literally everything that comes out.  Just caught a screening of Olymphus Has Fallen and I have to say I was REALLY surprised.  Nothing ground breaking but a damn good time.  The ending got a bit campy but overall effective and the pacing was excellent.

Why did Scary Movie 5 make so much money? I was expecting 2m or less, the trailers looked so terrible. 

Teenagers that think it looks like its the funniest thing ever and flock to it on OW, mainly middle schoolers who this caters too, but this will fall from existance come Monday, Tweets are insanely negative.

Edited by jandrew

Know I'm late to the game but since i have MoviePass I usually see literally everything that comes out.  Just caught a screening of Olymphus Has Fallen and I have to say I was REALLY surprised.  Nothing ground breaking but a damn good time.  The ending got a bit campy but overall effective and the pacing was excellent.

I was killing time yesterday and caught this movie too. Agree nothing groundbreaking but pretty good. I liked Gerard Butler in it. And I had no idea that woman was Melissa Leo until I read it on imdb, lol.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

I was killing time yesterday and caught this movie too. Agree nothing groundbreaking but pretty good. I liked Gerard Butler in it. And I had no idea that woman was Melissa Leo until I read it on imdb, lol.

YES.  I kept thinking, 'man she looks familiar'. Crazy.

Glad that 42 opened well, especially since I'm a Dodgers fan myself.  :)  I'm surprised at the budget, though.  $40M?  Seems high for an American sports biopic.

Ford's probably not quite working for scale just yet and the production values are awfully nice. I've been anxiously waiting for 3 weeks since I saw an advance screening to see how it would be received and couldn't be happier. Great to see a labor of love movie connect at the box office.

$60 mio weekend isn`t that much for 52 territories. OK but nothing out of this world.

It's difficult to say because movies open up quite differently OS but at first glance I'll take it considering the general lack of excitement on this board for the movie. It looks like 200, at least, is achievable.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/first-box-office-42-overperforming-scary-movie-5-bombing-as-box-office-cools/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

1. 42 (Legendary/Warner Bros) NEW [Runs 3,003] PG13Friday $9.1M, Saturday $11.1M, Weekend $27.0M

2. Scary Movie 5 (Dimension/Weinstein) NEW [Runs 3,402] PG13Friday $5.5M, Saturday $5.9M, Weekend $14.6M3. The Croods (DreamWorks Animation/Fox) Week 4 [Runs 3,689] PGFriday $3.0M, Saturday $6.0M, Weekend $12.9M, Cume $142.2M

4. GI Joe: Retaliation (Paramount) Week 3 [Runs 3,535] PG13Friday $2.9M, Saturday $4.8M, Weekend $10.5M, Cume $102.0M

5. Evil Dead (FilmDistrict/TriStar/Sony) Week 2 [Runs 3,025] RFriday $3.1M, Saturday $4.0M, Weekend $9.3M (-64%), Cume $41.4M

Edited by TLK

1. 42 (Legendary/Warner Bros) NEW [Runs 3,003] PG13Friday $9.1M, Saturday $11.1M, Weekend $27.0M

2. Scary Movie 5 (Dimension/Weinstein) NEW [Runs 3,402] PG13Friday $5.5M, Saturday $5.9M, Weekend $14.6M3. The Croods (DreamWorks Animation/Fox) Week 4 [Runs 3,689] PGFriday $3.0M, Saturday $6.0M, Weekend $12.9M, Cume $142.2M

4. GI Joe: Retaliation (Paramount) Week 3 [Runs 3,535] PG13Friday $2.9M, Saturday $4.8M, Weekend $10.5M, Cume $102.0M

5. Evil Dead (FilmDistrict/TriStar/Sony) Week 2 [Runs 3,025] RFriday $3.1M, Saturday $4.0M, Weekend $9.3M (-64%), Cume $41.4M

6. Jurassic Park 3D (Universal) Week 2 [Runs 2,778] PG13Friday $2.4M, Saturday $3.8M, Weekend $8.5M (-56%), Cume $31.7M

7. Olympus Has Fallen (FIlmDistrict) Week 4 [Runs 2,935] RFriday $2.0M, Saturday $3.2M, Weekend $7.2M, Cume $81.8M

8. Oz The Great And Powerful (Disney) Week 6 [Runs 2,504] PGFriday $1.2M, Saturday $2.3M, Weekend $4.8M, Cume $219.4M

9. Tyler Perry’s Temptation (Lionsgate) Week 3 [Runs 1,805] PG13Friday $1.3M, Saturday $2.0M, Weekend $4.4M, Cume $45.3M

10. Place Beyond the Pines (Focus) Week 3 [Runs 514] RFriday $1.2M, Weekend $3.8M, Cume $5.2M

Edited by kayumanggi

So maybe 125 M for G.I. JOE: RETALIATION and 170 M+ for THE CROODS.

The Croods will develop some late legs since there aren't really any animations out there... I don't see big drops the following weeks, and I would give it a total just south of 200M (185-200M)

Also, for 42, that's excellent. Didn't think it would even cross the 20M opening weekend mark. Blew me away.

Scary Movie, disappointing as always. It's a wonder it actually managed to increase on a Saturday.

G.I Joe should finish around 120M-130M, which is pretty decent. Considering OS numbers - real profit. GI Joe 3 on its way.

Just noticed OZ will cross 220M, which is better than I expected. 235-240M finish is great.

Olympus Has Fallen will stop just shy of 100M :(