RyneOh1040

Weekend #s WKND BO: #42 $27.3M, #ScaryMovie5 $15.2M, Croods $13.2M GIJoe2 $10.8M

42 might get around $25-30m overseas depending on what kind release it gets. Best markets would be Japan, South Korea and it may get a few million in Australia. We don't really follow American sports but for some reason movies based on American sports do quiet well here. Moneyball made 4 times its UK gross in Australia.

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1

I think Argo and The Avengers were the only two wide releases that got A+ Cinemascore last year or am I missing some movies ? If it opens to $25 million+ then $100 million should happen.

nm

Edited by kayumanggi

Sort of an unrelated question but...

Why did Scary Movie 2 open so low considering how successful the first film was? It seems odd that it should open to half of what the first one made (yes I am also aware that it was not released on Friday).

When your most advertised "joke" is a man getting hit between the legs by a door, you know you're utter crap.

This. And Charlie Sheen,no less. If that`s the best they could do with him... :rolleyes:

Deal breaker for me was Inception spoofing. I knew it would bomb right there. Some sacred cows just have to be left alone or there will be boxoffice wraith.

Happy for Ford to finally have a hit that isn`t dusted off old franchise. Deserves to close his career in style.

• Like 1

I think Argo and The Avengers were the only two wide releases that got A+ Cinemascore last year or am I missing some movies ? If it opens to $25 million+ then $100 million should happen.

THG got A+ from the 18 and below crowd. Not the real cinemascore though.

• Like 1

LOL. I actually saw it twice in theaters, with two different sets of friends. Admittedly, the second time around we were all smashed and went to a late-night show where we were the only people in the theater, so we started shouting back at it MST3K-style.

:blink: Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

WOM seems crazy good, with this kind of opening 100M is done. With A+ CS, only Argo and TA received that last year. Argo had over 6 multiplier and TA had over 3 with it's massive opening. I'm expecting at least 5 for 42. 

At this point I expect 125M or so. Some of my friends who aren't baseball fans loved it. I can't wait to see it. 

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

It's one of the more emotional films I've seen. There are some really tough scenes to watch too. Racism is really a tough thing to watch in any film and even though this one keeps it at a pg-13 level, it's still bothersome to watch.