A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

1 minute ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Look at the multipliers dive -- only six years apart. Probably worth knocking 0.3-0.4x off the 2011 ones for 2016. Also, worth considering that PASSENGERS currently doesn't have a critical reception anywhere near any of the 2011 openers.

The trends didn't change though, the second week of the Sunday Christmas openers are usually bigger. If it actually opens with a 42m 5-day, no way with Christmas legs does it barely cross 100m.  At any rate, if reviews actually hurt it that much, it's more likely to do 30m for the five day and end with a 120-125m total. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Look at the multipliers dive -- only six years apart. Probably worth knocking 0.3-0.4x off the 2011 ones for 2016. Also, worth considering that PASSENGERS currently doesn't have a critical reception anywhere near any of the 2011 openers.

Likely due to my point in an earlier comment -- there are more options for entertainment, and I feel like it's exploded in the past 5 years

• Like 2

1 minute ago, babz06 said:

The trends didn't change though, the second week of the Sunday Christmas openers are usually bigger. If it actually opens with a 42m 5-day, no way with Christmas legs does it barely cross 100m.  At any rate, if reviews actually hurt it that much, it's more likely to do 30m for the five day and end with a 120-125m total. 

I agree, legs will be better than WrathOfHan suggested. I don't think it has a 42m 5-day, but I think it comfortably passes 100m, though. At this point I'd be wary of anything much beyond that, though.

Holiday legs will help everyone except Miss Sloane. :rofl:

Interesting that neither Jlaw nor Pratt broke Google's Top 10 Most Searched actors:

http://www.superiortelegram.com/entertainment/television/4179747-google-top-searches-2016-pokemon-go-prince-donald-trump-iphone-7

It doesn't mean anything in terms of star power. Pitt and Coitllard are #1 and #2 search respectively but Allied boxoffice isn't too hot for an 85M production. 

Actresses 1. Meghan Markle 2. Marion Cotillard 3. Jodie Sweetin 4. Daisy Ridley 5. Brie Larson 6. Jenna Dewan Tatum 7. Leslie Jones 8. Kate McKinnon 9. Alicia Vikander 10. Millie Bobby Brown

Actors 1. Brad Pitt 2. Tom Hiddleston 3. Adam Driver 4. Jesse Williams 5. Tom Holland 6. Jeffrey Dean Morgan 7. Thomas Gibson 8. Sebastian Stan 9. Taylor Lautner 10. Lin-Manuel Miranda

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Holiday legs will help everyone except Miss Sloane. :rofl:

Interesting that neither Jlaw nor Pratt broke Google's Top 10 Most Searched actors:

http://www.superiortelegram.com/entertainment/television/4179747-google-top-searches-2016-pokemon-go-prince-donald-trump-iphone-7

It doesn't mean anything in terms of star power. Pitt and Coitllard are #1 and #2 search respectively but Allied boxoffice isn't too hot for an 85M production. 

Actresses 1. Meghan Markle 2. Marion Cotillard 3. Jodie Sweetin 4. Daisy Ridley 5. Brie Larson 6. Jenna Dewan Tatum 7. Leslie Jones 8. Kate McKinnon 9. Alicia Vikander 10. Millie Bobby Brown

Actors 1. Brad Pitt 2. Tom Hiddleston 3. Adam Driver 4. Jesse Williams 5. Tom Holland 6. Jeffrey Dean Morgan 7. Thomas Gibson 8. Sebastian Stan 9. Taylor Lautner 10. Lin-Manuel Miranda

i don't even know who like 6 of these people are.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i don't even know who like 6 of these people are.

Yeah, that's why people have to search them.

Well, this is disappointing, I saw enough good tweets I thought it would be more balanced.  Now I guess we find out what it means to box office, next week. 

Variety has it tracking for 30-40m 5-day

Budget was reportedly 150m, tax credits brought it down to 110m cost.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/chris-pratt-jennifer-lawrence-passengers-1201941911/

30 5-day with about 4x brings it to 120m

40 5-day with a 4x brings it to 160m

Edited by babz06

2 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Variety has it tracking for 30-40m 5-day

Budget was reportedly 150m, tax credits brought it down to 110m cost.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/chris-pratt-jennifer-lawrence-passengers-1201941911/

The quoted numbers in the article don't even add up. :lol: Needless to say, I'm a little dubious, especially given the troubled legal complications with VFX companies. But all we have to go on are the official figures.