A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

19 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

One thing is confirmed, whenever an oscar bait or big budget movie casts the biggest names or allegedly A list actors, 90% of the time the movie ends up being garbage.

Collateral beauty, passengers, the counsellor....list goes on and on.

I think that's a little dubious... just this year ALLIED and SULLY are counter-examples.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I know you stanned for this and Apocalypse, but what was the third?

it looks foolish in retrospect, but I truly thought BvS could have been great. Snyder seemed to have learned from MOS mistakes and they got Terrio onboard...

2 hours ago, misafeco said:

I hope @triflewon't disappear after the movie ends it's run. He/she made this topic interesting.

1 hour ago, XO21 said:

Indeed..  @trifle your thread made me join this forum;)

:wub:

I bought a year membership, so you are probably stuck with me for a while.

55 minutes ago, straggler said:

These reactions make me think I'm going to like this. Too much passion. They don't dislike it. They HATE it. Love and hate. 

Yeah, there is outright sniping.  I could be posting the good tweets but the RT ratio is the RT ratio.  I only care because with an original property this is going to be more vulnerable than others critics panned this year which still turned out huge.

50 minutes ago, Goffe said:

me seeing these reviews

giphy.gif

I stanned for 3 blockbusters this year. they all failed to be good.

You might possibly want to wait to see it yourself before you decide that is the case...

I'm no less excited for the film.  I haven't read all of the reviews because I don't want to know any more about the film than I do, but I've seen so much snark it's hard for me to consider it thoughtful criticism.  I'm sure there is some in there somewhere, but I am sure I'm going to enjoy this film.  It is just a matter of how much.  Between the actors and the visuals and the effects and the score and having read the script, I know I am going to like it.

I have no idea what the numbers will be.  I guess we'll find out next week!

• Like 2