A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

21 minutes ago, tomknff said:

I hope this teaches Sony and the other studios that no actor today is worth $20 (or even $10 mil) million for a non-franchise role.

Franchise stars don't deserve that much money either, the brand is what is selling those films. Exhibit A: Chris Hemsworth

Edited by babz06
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It depends on which franchise and which star - with some franchises the star is or becomes part of the brand.

Exactly. For example RDJ as Iron Man or Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. If you wanna go further back Harrison Ford as Han Solo. 

It all depends on the Star. Personally I've never understood why a studio would shell out so much money for a franchise star in a non-franchise money (unless their name is DiCaprio) 

24 minutes ago, ban1o said:

the bitterness about Jlaw getting paid 20 million is ridiculous lol. Leo gets paid that much for all his films. 

Leo wasn't a franchise star and has for the most part backed it up over the course of almost 20 years. 

31 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Leo is the boytoy os the most legendary living director so that helps a bit, he is part of the MSCU IMO.

What?  Scorsese's box-office grosses were never remotely as high before working with DiCaprio.  Also see Inarritu's "The Revenant".  Also see Tarantino's "Django Unchained".   And even Danny Boyle's "The Beach".  Scorsese's stature as an artist has nothing to do with it.  

Edited by Jeriosnal
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Maybe Jen shouldn't have scratched her ass in the dem rocks:kitschjob:

yeah, I like Jen and I tend to give her a slack on her showcase of the down-to-earthness, but that was a little disrespectful, wasn't it? Pratt looked so uncomfortable hearing the story next to her.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

*Cue Futurist saying "So what? I would...Every guy would do that as well in a heartbeat."*

Step right up and collect your prize. I give this a "close enough"

43 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Maybe Jen shouldn't have scratched her ass in the dem rocks:kitschjob:

17 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

A Rock

rock.png

A Sacred Rock

rock.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, K1stpierre said:

God damnit. This really pisses me off. And here I was making plans with my sis to go see this next week in Lux Level and grab a bite to eat.

I may still do that, though they drinking will def be increased. Specifically tequila.

I'm seeing it at IPIC on the 27th. I'm not waiting until then to see it the first time but I thought I'd try the food service theaters....

Just now, trifle said:

I'm seeing it at IPIC on the 27th. I'm not waiting until then to see it the first time but I thought I'd try the food service theaters....

I live close to an iPic theater and it is wonderful. I'd go more often if the tickets were more affordable.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, yjs said:

yeah, I like Jen and I tend to give her a slack on her showcase of the down-to-earthness, but that was a little disrespectful, wasn't it? Pratt looked so uncomfortable hearing the story next to her.

She told the story during a Catching Fire promo, which is likely where Graham Norton heard of it to spring it on her this time. THEN she explained that there had been a cast briefing about the sacred rocks while she was still working on another project, so she missed it.  She doubled down on the physical comedy this time, but did not look like she was enjoying herself (her hands covered her face more than once).  She also apologized.

I'm not saying it was the right story to tell, only that most of us don't have our errors televised for everyone to pick apart after the fact, at leisure. 

And they paid her $20M to get the movie bankrolled based on her participation, as I have heard it. What is getting a project green-lit worth?  And Sony has split the $100M budget (after tax credits) with multiple other partners, so I think it remains to be seen if this will have been a bad financial move.  I think it will make money, myself.  Maybe I'm delusional, but I'm excited about this movie. We'll see soon enough how it shakes out.

• Like 1