A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

You will laugh and cry and hold your breath and be at the edge of your seat. It has chills. It also will make you smile and laugh a lot. We wanted a playful movie. And if you have Chris and Jen it’s impossible not to have — they’ve come up with a lot of stuff on set. They’re both extremely funny. They’d try this and that and come up with really funny stuff. They can go very dramatic but their great chemistry — they’re just so good. It is just fun to be around them and fun to be on this journey. In this day of sequels and reboots I think it’s refreshing that it is a completely original story with two of the best movie stars in the world. I’m very, very happy with the movie.

— Morten Tyldum on Passengers

:bouncy::excited::cloud9::circles::OMG:

• Like 10

On August 1, 2016 at 2:30 PM, trifle said:

Can they still put it there anyhow?  I can see where Sony may not have actual pull with Warner Bros movies, but....

Just Sausage Party would be a waste of potential audience.  I'm sure not going to see Sausage Party, at least...

6 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

It certainly seems like it's still coming out this December. Maybe the trailer is coming with Mag 7. That would be that latest they could release it and still be ok as far as marketing. Then you could play the trailer in front of all the adult oriented films in the fall which is likely the core audience for this anyways. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, babz06 said:

It certainly seems like it's still coming out this December. Maybe the trailer is coming with Mag 7. That would be that latest they could release it and still be ok as far as marketing. Then you could play the trailer in front of all the adult oriented films in the fall which is likely the core audience for this anyways. 

Mag 7 feels really late. It's exactly 3 months before release. I mean I guess they could just blitz the hell out of the trailers and then make up for it by doing an extensive promo tour with Chris and Jennifer, hoping they can charm their way into enough media attention... but it feels like a risky move to delay it that long.

This is an original movie, it's not a franchise, it's not a known commodity. I just hope they don't miss out by making a great movie that no one sees due to poor marketing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Headhunters is pretty good and Imitation Game is a masterpiece, so I have a lot faith in Tyldum.

Please don't be a stinker. I'm getting burned way too much this year.

At the very least, both Pratt and Lawrence are very charismatic actors so I'm sure I'll enjoy watching them together on screen.

I hope the plot is decent, but for some reason I have a lot of faith in this movie. I guess it's just... they could both do basically whatever they want in Hollywood right now and they chose this original script. I just have to believe there was something great there to draw them in.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

At the very least, both Pratt and Lawrence are very charismatic actors so I'm sure I'll enjoy watching them together on screen.

I hope the plot is decent, but for some reason I have a lot of faith in this movie. I guess it's just... they could both do basically whatever they want in Hollywood right now and they chose this original script. I just have to believe there was something great there to draw them in.

The two stars combined with concept have me hooked. It seems like its going to be an ambitious film son whether its great or not it should at least be interesting

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I just hope their combined star wattage and combined charisma doesn't somehow negate the on-screen chemistry that could exist between them. It's happened before with other superstar pairings that on paper looked like a sure thing.

People at Cinema Con raved about their chemistry.