A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

17 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

I like Pratt. I'm... okay with JLaw. I like science fiction. I like space and space travel. I like original movies.

Still lukewarm at best about this.

Well, at this point...I get it.

But this concept is really cool, and these two mega blonde celebrities...are making this happen on the big scale.  If it lives up to what it could be...it really could be something.

So...I'm quite hopeful.

Caveat: I was hopeful about BvS.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

I like Pratt. I'm... okay with JLaw. I like science fiction. I like space and space travel. I like original movies.

Well all we have so far are two stills. At this point in the marketing cycle, I'm not usually even aware a movie exists.

I am excited for this based on the stars and genre and knowing the script is well regarded, but honestly they haven't done anything yet to get people excited.

That's why I'm hoping a trailer is imminent. Don't make us wait another month Sony.

7 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

Is the mega-spoiler

Hide contents

is the fact that he's stalking her (or worse) while she's asleep in cryo then kill everyone else, then wakes her up so he can pork her like Blue Lagoon in space

Um, well, some of that is absolutely false from the script I read, but part of it is the spoiler we are discussing, yes.

9 hours ago, kowhite said:

But this concept is really cool, and these two mega blonde celebrities...are making this happen on the big scale.  If it lives up to what it could be...it really could be something.

The concept sounds amazing.

The fact that it will be a big scale/budget movie about this concept is even more amazing.

Only the vanilla director they chose dumpens the enthusiasm (which is the most important thing about any movie:lol:)

Also it will be a bummer if it gets moved and thus breaks the one big budget space movie hit every year we have going on.

11 hours ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

I'm in the same place, nothing has me excited for this film at all, which is why I've wanted to see a trailer, preferably sooner than later 

14 hours ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

MORTEN TYLDUM at the helm doesn't get you going?

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

I'm perplexed why I'm not more interested in this. Should be right in my wheelhouse. Maybe I'll come around with a trailer.

I'm the same, but with me I suspect it's simply down to the leads. To say I could take or leave Pratt and Lawrence would be putting it kindly.

Edited by Hatebox

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Is it me or are all of these "sources" from people with no connection to Sony? When the studio announces a trailer is coming, I'll believe it. Until then...

Honestly the only thing keeping me hopeful right now is the fact that we did get official stills in EW's fall movie issue. That's the one positive indication we've had in months (Since CinemaCon).

All I can do is hope the peole who talk about a trailer know something. I'll actually believe it's coming when we see it listed here or when Sony releases something official.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 9:08 AM, JennaJ said:

If they decided to hold off the trailer, I would hope it's for a better reason than that.

Maybe with Don't Breathe?  Then again, I feel like they'd want to release a trailer for underworld 5 with that, but one can hope.