A Marvel Fanboy

Weekend Numbers: Oblvi: 38.1 42: 18 mill (starting pg 10)

Nikki seems to have something against Tom Cruise - after basically putting him down in the entire article, she adds this:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/tom-cruises-oblivion-late-shows-gross-1-1m/#more-479081

The RIPD trailer is making people watch Oblivion?? Seriously?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Gotta love Nikki. She is the representation of what would happen if Fishnets had a infamous, influential blog (god willing, one day :wub: )

• Like 6

One more thing to remember is that the volume of new releases is very sparse.  Only 6 new movies are being released in the next 4 weeks. IM3 will take away a lot of screens in two weeks but a movie like Oblivion should be able to keep most of its theaters until memorial day weekend. This can have better legs than its CS score may indicate.

Edited by TLK
  • Like 1

:rofl: :rofl:

Gotta love Nikki. She is the representation of what would happen if Fishnets had a infamous, influential blog (god willing, one day :wub: )

You didn't know, fishnets is Queen Nikke reincarnated.  ;)  :wub:

This. But, of course, geeks defend everyone who makes pretentious pretty movies (this, Prometheus) and trash everyone who makes pretty movies without pretense that stupid shit is stupid shit (Bay).

I love Tony Scott, Dominic Sena, Antoine Fuqua movies, those pretty movies without pretense. Bay movies are dull and overwrought with close-up shakey cam.  Bay has a great way of lighting a set but his editing style is too punishing for my senses. If you don't get a headache after TRANSFORMERS movies, maybe you could join the Air Force. Paul Greengrass with his Bourne movies has similar aggressive editing style but his camera angles & setups are more inventive than Bay. But seriously, I wish filmmakers would use steadicam more often and understand the benefit of master shots.

Edited by zackzack