Moviedweeb

Movies you have cried during

As a Potter head, have you ever done a Potter binge with the 8 movies in a row ?

I can proudly say I've done the first seven once. Woke up at 7 or 8 AM and finished at 3 or 4 AM. (With slight pauses to eat, drink)

In addition to what Fishnets added, this is more evidence of Cameron's skill as a storyteller. Very few directors working today can touch him when it comes to structuring a story superbly, in a way in which no single element is filler.

This. What I love about Cameron is that he never wastes a shot. if it won`t come back in a pay off, than it isn`t in the movie. case in point are Tanator, those other beasties that he scared off and dogs. In the hands of a less skilled story-tellers, the chase would be self-suficient action-piece without overarching importance. But here, they all come back in a big payoff and boy is Tanator`s death hard to watch. Especilaly because he has that mini-arc where he starts an antagonist but then comes back as a major aid and when he bows to neytiri it`s beautiful.  OTOH, compare that to SWATH which has some really expensive creatures that play no role except that they look pretty. The pixies, the stag, no payoff, nothing. Just waste money.

• Like 1

In the Shawshank Redemption, at the end, when Red is free, he say's this:

'I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.'

One of the most uplifting scenes in history, and it never fails to produce a tear in my eye.

• Like 4

In addition to what Fishnets added, this is more evidence of Cameron's skill as a storyteller. Very few directors working today can touch him when it comes to structuring a story superbly, in a way in which no single element is filler.

So much for Cameron "simple" stories,scripts.

Why people can't understand all what you said is beyond me.

Cameron is a masterful storyteller, everything you see or hear in his movies is designed to have a narrative purpose.

This. What I love about Cameron is that he never wastes a shot. if it won`t come back in a pay off, than it isn`t in the movie. case in point are Tanator, those other beasties that he scared off and dogs. In the hands of a less skilled story-tellers, the chase would be self-suficient action-piece without overarching importance. But here, they all come back in a big payoff and boy is Tanator`s death hard to watch. Especilaly because he has that mini-arc where he starts an antagonist but then comes back as a major aid and when he bows to neytiri it`s beautiful.  OTOH, compare that to SWATH which has some really expensive creatures that play no role except that they look pretty. The pixies, the stag, no payoff, nothing. Just waste money.

Fish, the way you talk about Cameron.

You nailed it

It s beautiful.

Thanks.

:wub:

• Like 2

'I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.'

One of the most uplifting scenes in history, and it never fails to produce a tear in my eye.

See I got the impression that they were gay lovers after watching that scene. I guess i'm alone on that.

And it's narrated by Freeman. :P